* On March 1, the Ha Tinh Provincial Youth Union held a ceremony at the memorial site of hero martyr Ly Tu Trong in Thach Ha District to kick off the Youth Month 2021 and the spring tree planting festival.
Within the programme, the organisers presented 40 gifts to policy beneficiary families and disadvantaged children, and 20 bicycles to needy juniors with good academic performance, and inaugurated youth works in Youth Park, worth a total of VND450 million (US$19,512), at the war remnants area of Ly Tu Trong High School. They also presented VND100 million to upgrade local medical stations which were damaged in recent flooding in the central region.
* On the same day, in Chau Doc City, the An Giang Provincial Youth Union kicked off the Youth Month 2021 with the theme “Proud of the HCYU’s traditions”. The programme featured a range of activities, such as propaganda on ensuring traffic order and safety, planting trees, inaugurating a children’s play site in Chau Doc City, concreting the yard of Chu Van An Primary School (Vinh Te Commune, Chau Doc City), implementing the project to light roads in Vinh Nguon Ward, and presenting gifts to policy beneficiary families.
* The Youth Union of the Party Central Committee’s Organisation Commission recently launched the Youth Month 2021 in Kim Quan Commune, Kim Son District, Tuyen Quang Province, with variety of activities, including presenting seven “March 26 Houses” worth VND50 million each to policy beneficiary families and needy students with good academic performance, 30 gifts to Kim Thu Nga village’s preschool, and 500 books to students of Kim Quan Primary and Secondary Schools. They also coordinated to build the models “No plastic waste” and “Green landscape”.
The Youth Union of the Party Central Committee’s Organisation Commission presents gifts to needy children in Kim Quan Commune.
* On March 1, the Youth Union of Ninh Binh Province’s agencies and businesses bloc presented outdoor sports equipment worth more than VND20 million and 20 gifts to youth union members and young people who are workers at the Ninh Binh 2 Garment Export Joint Stock Company and currently live in difficulties due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
* The HCYU Central Committee has announced that leaders of the Vietnam Youth Federation Central Committee will hold a virtual dialogue on March 16 with Vietnamese youths and juniors at home and abroad.
The dialogue will feature a range of contents such as the feelings, aspirations, questions, proposals and recommendations by youth union members, young people and children; core issues in the youth union working programme, youth movements and the Youth Month 2021; a series of activities to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the HCYU; and activities of adolescents and juniors to welcome the success of the 13 th National Party Congress.
Questions to the dialogue could be sent through the address http://doithoai.doanthanhnien.vn .