Karim Benzema put the champions in charge at a soggy Alfredo di Stefano stadium with a delightful backheel in the 14th minute while a deflected Toni Kroos free kick doubled their lead in the 28th. Barca hit back on the hour mark through Oscar Mingueza
* A dramatic last-gasp winner from Stuart Dallas earned 10-man Leeds United a shock 2-1 victory against runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday (Apr 10).
* Chelsea roared back into fourth spot in the Premier League as Christian Pulisic scored twice in an impressive 4-1 victory at London rivals Crystal Palace on Saturday.
* Trent Alexander-Arnold scored a stoppage-time winner as Liverpool fought back to snatch a 2-1 victory over Aston Villa and move provisionally into the Premier League’s top four on Saturday.
* Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich stumbled to a 1-1 draw at home against Union Berlin on Saturday after conceding an 86th minute equaliser through Marcus Ingvartsen to see their lead at the top cut to five points with six games left.
* Borussia Dortmund teenager Ansgar Knauff fired in an 80th-minute winner for his first professional goal to give his team a 3-2 victory at VfB Stuttgart on Saturday (Apr 10) and maintain their slim hopes of a top-four finish.
* RB Leipzig scored three first-half goals as they thrashed Werder Bremen 4-1 away helped by Alexander Sorloth’s double to close in on leaders Bayern Munich, who drew 1-1 with Union Berlin on Saturday (Apr 10).
* Kylian Mbappe completed a remarkable week as he scored one and set up another to inspire Paris St Germain to a 4-1 win at Racing Strasbourg as the French champions reduced Lille’s Ligue 1 lead to three points on Saturday (Apr 10).
* AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sent off for dissent as his side earned a 3-1 win at Parma in Serie A on Saturday (Apr 10).
* Rachael Blackmore made Grand National history by becoming the first female jockey to win the race as she steered Minella Times across the finishing line at Aintee on Saturday. The Irishwoman, who became the first leading jockey at the Cheltenham Festival last month, timed her finish to perfection as Minella Times surged ahead after the 30th and final fence.
* AC Milan’s technical director Paolo Maldini said striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was close to signing a new deal with the club. Italian media reports said the 39-year-old Swede, who is Milan’s top goalscorer in Serie A this season, would sign a one-year extension in the coming days.
* Third-seeded Italian Lorenzo Sonego rallied to beat second-seeded Taylor Fritz of the United States 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 on Saturday to reach the final of the Sardegna Open in Cagliari, Italy.