In the other standout tie of the last eight 13-times champions Real Madrid face six-times winners Liverpool in a repeat of the 2018 final won by the Spanish club.
* Fulham’s Premier League survival hopes suffered a damaging blow as a 2-1 home defeat by Leeds United on Friday left them in the relegation zone with games running out.
* Fulham’s bid for Premier League survival suffered a major blow as Raphinha sealed Leeds a 2-1 win at Craven Cottage on Friday (Mar 19). Scott Parker’s side would have climbed out of the relegation zone for the first time since December 20 if they had managed a rare home victory.
* Monaco rebooted their title hopes, moving to within four points of Ligue 1 leaders Lille after a 4-0 win at Saint-Etienne on Friday (Mar 19). Stevan Jovetic’s first-half strike was followed by second-half goals from Aurelien Tchouameni, Sofiane Diop and Krepin Diatta which closed out a comfortable win for Niko Kovac’s men who had taken just a point from their last two league outings.
* Lee Zii Jia shocked two-time world champion Kento Momota to reach the semi-finals of the All England Open on Friday (Mar 19). The Malaysian beat the world number one 21-16, 21-19 to end his Japanese opponent’s tournament after a much-anticipated return to international action this week.
* Croatia’s AC Milan winger Ante Rebic will miss their opening 2022 World Cup qualifiers versus Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta with a muscle injury, the Balkan nation’s FA (HNS) said on Friday. Kristijan Lovric, who plays for Croatian top-tier side HNK Gorica, was called up to replace Rebic as the 2018 World Cup runners-up get their qualifying campaign underway.
* Aslan Karatsev battled past fellow Russian Andrey Rublev in Dubai on Friday (Mar 19) to continue his dream season and reach his maiden ATP singles final. The 27-year-old, who became the first man to reach the semi-finals on their Grand Slam debut in the Open era at the Australian Open last month, edged out his in-form compatriot 6-2, 4-6, 6-4.
* World number one Novak Djokovic will delay his comeback to the ATP Tour following a muscle injury after deciding to skip the Miami Open starting next week to spend more time with his family. Djokovic sustained a muscle tear that hindered him during his successful Australian Open title defence last month and the 33-year-old planned to return at Miami before playing the Monte-Carlo Masters and the ATP 250 Serbia Open.
* The Portugal Masters, which was scheduled to take place from April 29-May 2 at Dom Pedro Victoria Golf Course in Vilamoura, has been postponed due to travel difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the European Tour said on Friday. The Tour said that the event will be replaced on the calendar by the Tenerife Open at Golf Costa Adeje, which will move from its original date of April 15-18.
* Belgium coach Roberto Martinez included Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku in the squad for World Cup qualifiers later this month on Friday despite a coronavirus outbreak at the striker’s club. Inter’s game with Sassuolo on Saturday has been postponed after four players tested positive for Covid-19.
* Teenage midfielders Jamal Musiala of Bayern Munich and Florian Wirtz from Bayer Leverkusen received maiden call-ups to the Germany squad as coach Joachim Loew announced his 26-man squad on Friday for this month’s World Cup qualifiers.
* Manchester United will meet Spanish side Granada in the quarter-finals of the Europa League, with Arsenal up against the side who knocked Scottish champions Rangers out in the last 16, Slavia Prague, in their last eight clash.