- Health ministry issued guidelines on handling COVID-19 vaccine blood clots
- Member of staff at Yên Bái hotel tests positive for COVID-19
- Việt Nam willing to support India to overcome hard time due to COVID-19: Spokesperson
- Việt Nam completes second stage of homegrown Nano Covax trials
- PM’s urged stronger COVID-19 prevention measures during holiday
HÀ NỘI — Another community COVID-19 infection has been confirmed in Hà Nội by the Ministry of Health.
The patient is a 26-year-old man from Bắc Từ Liêm District. He was on the same flight, VN160, as two Chinese experts travelling from Đà Nẵng to Hà Nội in the morning of April 29.
The authorities have so far traced eight people he came into close contact with in Bắc Từ Liêm, Nam Từ Liêm, Hai Bà Trưng, Hoàng Mai and Cầu Giấy districts.
Another community case reported earlier has also been confirmed. He is a 28-year-old man who works selling spa tickets at a hotel in the Hải Châu District of Đà Nẵng City.
The other two cases confirmed on Tuesday morning are both Vietnamese citizens who entered the country via a border gate in the southern province of An Giang. They were both immediately quarantined on arrival.
These new cases bring the total amount of COVID-19 infections to 2,985. Of those, 2,560 have made a full recovery.
Meanwhile the Department of Preventive Medicine under the Ministry of Health announced on Tuesday morning a review of quarantine measures. This came after some people who completed the 14-day period tested positive after leaving quarantine facilities. All quarantine centres have been told not to release people after 14 days and two negative tests. More information is expected on this issue. VNS