The document proposed by the host Cambodia was also co-sponsored by the Philippines. It was among draft resolutions tabled by the AIPA Committee on Social Matters at the session on the day.
Vietnam recommended adding four points to the paper, three of which were agreed by other delegations. The recommendations included encouraging member parliaments to speed up comprehensive, inclusive, and sustainable digital transformation processes prioritizing the application in social welfare and disease prevention. They also covered increasing digital access for mountainous, ethnic, and remote areas, and monitoring related activities in the field of social protection and welfare serving policy transparency.
Vietnam and other nations anonymously agreed to a draft resolution on a report by the AIPA Advisory Council on Dangerous Drugs without any supplements and amendments.
Participants also basically agreed with a draft resolution on strengthening social health protection to address challenges in ASEAN proposed by Thailand, with Vietnam making three recommendations, which were approved by the assembly.
Vietnam said it is necessary to build a system of social security policies that cover the entire population, targeting disadvantaged groups. In the immediate future, it is necessary to research and propose mechanisms and policies to support disadvantaged groups to help them overcome difficulties after the pandemic.
The majority of proposals made at the meeting were approved and included in the final resolution of the committee.
At the end of the meeting, the resolutions were adopted with high consensus.
- World Bank highly evaluates Vietnam’s climate projects
- PM joins first activities of ASEAN Summits
- Green economy: new growth engine for import-export activities
- Southeast region designed as economic engine of Vietnam by 2045
- NA agrees to raise basic wage next July
- ☕ Afternoon briefing on October 25
- Nestlé Vietnam and Women's Union signing cooperation agreement
- Unilever Vietnam to empower one million women for an inclusive future
- Biden Must Follow Trump's Lead on North Korea, But Include South: Experts
Vietnamese parliament co-sponsors AIPA resolution on digital transformation have 309 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.