In an intimate and emotional atmosphere, female veterans and delegates reminisced about the glorious and heroic tradition of Ngu Thuy Female Artillery Company during the resilient struggle to defend the homeland.
The company was founded when the resistance war against U.S. imperialists entered the fiercest period and at the time the Central region was the key target of the enemy bombardment in an attempt to block the route to reinforce the Southern theater.
With 37 initial female members, mostly aged 18-20, the company was tasked to train, reinforce fortifications, and stay ready to shoot down U.S. aircraft. Despite heavy duties and difficulties, the female servicewomen, with bravery, high determination, strong will, love for the country and aspiration for peace, practiced hard, regardless of days or nights, acquired military science and technology knowledge, learned how to use weaponry and improved artillery techno-tactical skills.
The company later continuously achieved feats-of-arms and were honored to receive Uncle Ho's letters of commendations, and badges. Notably, in 1970, the company was titled "Hero of the People's Armed Forces."
After duty fulfilment, the company was dissolved in 1977. All company members returned to normal life and continued to set exemplary examples and make contribution to the nation and their hometown's development.
Addressing the meeting, Senior Colonel Truong Van Tam, Deputy Political Commissar of the Artillery Corps expressed his deep gratitude and respect to brave and loyal servicewomen of the heroic Ngu Thuy Female Artillery Company.
The official stressed that they contributed to the heroic feats-of-arms of the artillery force over the past 76 years of construction, combat, and development.
Colonel Tam said that artillery troops will follow the servicewomen's bright examples to beautify the tradition of the heroic artillery troops.
Translated by Mai Huong
- 'Squash him... hold on tight!': Extraordinary moment Russian commander orders his ship to RAM a Ukrainian navy tugboat before firing on three vessels during unprecedented stand-off in the Black Sea – prompting fears of military escalation
- LA's late night hosts Jimmy Kimmel and James Corden follow New York counterparts in filming WITHOUT studio audiences amid coronavirus outbreak
- North Korea fires unidentified projectile, South Korea’s military says
- Priti Patel sat motionless under fire as Boris Johnson flapped: HENRY DEEDES sees the Home Secretary endure a Labour barrage
- Putin holds talks with Erdogan to seek Syria ceasefire
- Russia, Turkey agree ceasefire deal for Syria's Idlib
- Russia and Turkey agree ceasefire deal for Syria's Idlib in conflict over country's last rebel stronghold
- Turkey-Russia agree on ceasefire in Syria’s Idlib
- Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali obituary
- Erdogan flies to Moscow for Syria ceasefire talks with Putin
- Planetside 2 players can summon massive warships from today
- U.S. convoy comes under fire in Syria, sparking deadly clash
Former artillery servicewomen gather have 447 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.