Poland is now the fifth largest cosmetics producer in the European Union and is seeking new markets, said Business Development Manager of the city-based Office of the Polish Investment and Trade Agency Ho Thi Hanh Ngan.
Ngan described Asia as the world's biggest cosmetics market, with nearly 660 million potential consumers and about 38% of the global revenue. Hence, Polish firms wish to step up trade with Vietnam to effectively navigate ASEAN and Asia, she said.
At the event, the two countries were also said to serve as an important bridge to elevate trade and investment between the E.U. and ASEAN.
ITPC Deputy Director Nguyen Tuan said in the E.U., Poland was one of the first partners to establish diplomatic ties with Vietnam. It also has growing economic and trade ties with the Southeast Asian nation. Poland is now Vietnam’s top trading partner in Eastern Europe while Vietnam is Poland’s seventh largest partner outside the E.U.
In the first nine months of this year, two-way trade surpassed USD 2 billion, over USD 1.8 billion of which involved Vietnamese exports. Major cooperation areas include farm produce, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, green technology and wastewater treatment.
Statistics showed that Ho Chi Minh City is now home to 238 markets, 206 supermarkets, 49 shopping malls and 2,656 convenience stores. It is expected to become a merchandise distribution hub of the entire southeast region and nearby provinces.
Experts hailed Vietnam as a promising market for retail sectors such as healthcare, cosmetics, mother and baby products, fashion, sports and food, with new brands coming to serve young customers.
Chief Representative Officer of the Polish Investment and Trade Agency Piotr Harasimowicz said on the back of important tax incentives brought about by the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, Vietnam could access a wider E.U. market with its 500 million population.
- CPTPP opens ups opportunities for Vietnam-Canada trade: expert
- Vietnam-Russia economic cooperation prospects under spotlight
- Vietnam, RoK agree to try for two-way trade of 100 bln USD by 2020
- Vietnam’s top legislator holds talks with speaker of Dutch lower house
- Vietnam prepares for ASEAN Chairmanship
- European firms remain upbeat about doing business in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Hong Kong hold potential for stronger cooperation
- Vietnam adopts EU recommendations to combat IUU fishing
- VN and Bulgaria to boost trade co-operation
- Vietnamese enterprises unruffled by US-China trade war
- Charting Russia's role in Poland's path to NATO
- Inside the sick Vietnamese slave trade as desperate migrants work 60-hour weeks in UK nail salons to ‘pay off’ smugglers
- Poland won't take UK garbage any more
- Govt plans to extend NPOP organic certificate to textile, cosmetic, AYUSH products
- Diplomat highlights potential for Vietnam-Argentina economic cooperation
- Vietnam ready to talk partnership elevation with RoK: top legislator
- Vietnam takes action on African swine fever
- Vietnam hopes for stronger ties with Switzerland in green energy
- Poland: More aligned to US than to European partners?
- Donald Trump welcomes Poland's request for permanent US military base
Cosmetics considered highlight of Vietnam-Poland trade have 469 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.