The ceremony saw the attendance of Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and Head of the Party Central Committee's Commission for Information and Education Nguyen Trong Nghia.
Addressing the event, Deputy Prime Minister Vo Duc Dam emphasized that the National Book Awards has contributed to promoting cultural development and bringing valuable books closer to readers and popularizing reading culture among the public.
Also, he hoped that the National Book Awards would become a prestigious event of the publishing field, honoring writers and publishers nationwide and motivating the publishing industry to create better books in the future.
According to the organizing panel, this year awards welcomed the participation of 48 publishing houses throughout the country with 298 books and book collections. After the qualifying and final rounds, the Council for the fifth National Book Awards selected 26 books and book collections to award. In detail, the organizers handed over one A, nine B and 16 C prizes to authors.
The A prize went to "Hoang Viet nhat thong du dia chi" (Le Quang Dinh), a translated book by Phan Dang published by The gioi Publishing House and Thai Ha Book Joint Stock Company.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- An Post book awards celebrate best Irish writing
- Shortlist for Saltire book awards unveiled
- Inaugural awards ceremony honors young community leaders
- Judea Pearl named 2011 winner of Turing Award
- Future Queen in training! Princess Leonor of Spain, 13, is joined by Queen Letizia and King Felipe and her lookalike sister Sofia, 12, to meet winners of an award bearing her name
- It’s Fall, So the Best-Seller Lists Are Brimming With New Books
- The 100 best books of the 21st century
- There's Something for Every Sci-Fi and Fantasy Fan on io9's Massive List of Fall Books
- National Awardees Vicky Kaushal, Ayushmann Khurrana overwhelmed with Bachchans' personalised notes
- Lady Gaga sinks to her knees as she takes her Academy Award for Best Song to the Vanity Fair Oscars party... after triumphant star's electrifying chemistry with Bradley Cooper set Twitter alight
- Ciara shows plenty of cleavage as she's joined by four-year-old son Future Zahir Wilburn on the 2019 Billboard Music Awards red carpet
- Claire Holden Rothman, Anne Michaels among 2019 Vine Award winners
- Amazing moment Jane Fonda accepts a BAFTA award while being arrested for the THIRD time on the steps of the Capitol during her weekly climate change protest
- Hatchet Job of the Year award draws and quarters shortlist
- Alice Oswald wins inaugural Ted Hughes award
- Portico prize winner Benjamin Myers: 'Why bother chasing the big publishers?'
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year shortlist announced
- Review of The Hours author's latest book wins inaugural hatchet job award
- Britain's best chippies revealed: Top 20 fish and chip shops across UK battle it out for the national prize - so did YOUR local takeaway make the cut?
- 35 New Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books to Check Out in April
Winners of National Book Awards 2022 honored have 458 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.