It is 612 meters long with five continuous spans, and 14 meters wide with four lanes.
Construction started in January 2021 at a cost of VND450 billion (US$19.8 million), and is now 99% complete.
The viaduct will reduce the 30-km trip from Lao Cai Town, the capital of the namesake province, to tourist town Sa Pa by 2.5 km.
Now vehicles use National Highway 4D though it has many slopes that frequently suffer from landslides.
The bridge's surface has been covered with asphalt, and the lighting system has been completed.
Sa Pa authorities believe the bridge does not only shorten the route from Hanoi to Lao Cai, but will also become a new icon that will attract tourists to the town.
The bridge will be linked with a new road which is still under construction. That road will be connected with the Noi Bai – Lao Cai Expressway running between Lao Cai and Hanoi.
Only construction workers are now allowed to use the bridge, and others have to leave their vehicles on the ramp leading to it and walk.
An overview of Mong Sen viaduct.
- Hanoi's second metro line gets ready for trial run next year
- Get Ready. Oscars Street Closures Are Already Starting
- Ho Chi Minh City confirms first Tet fireworks over Vietnam’s tallest building
- 'Don't Get Sacked': LITH Police Having Extra Super Bowl Patrols
- What’s next for Vietnam in the Year of the Rat
- 122 killed on Vietnam roads in 6 days of LNY holiday
- APEC and Damrey in Vietnam: Whew! It’s over!
- American entrepreneur finds Vietnam the right place at the right time
- Vietnam longs for peace and friendship forever- General Nguyen Chi Vinh
- Dozens injured as passenger bus topples in south-central Vietnam
- Valentine’s Day in Vietnam: Say "Anh yêu em" (I love you)
- It’s a no-grainer: Time for Vietnam to create a rice brand
- Shopping in a country like Vietnam
- Kevin Durant: Why the NBA Superstar Had to Blow Up His Life to Get His Shot
- Vietnam should prepare for coronavirus worst-case scenario: deputy PM
- Kalindi Kunj bridge to be ready by December after two missed deadlines
- Indian nurse in Saudi ‘infected’; virus reaches Singapore, Vietnam
- US readies evacuation from China as virus toll rises
- Browns' Kareem Hunt laments being cut from Kansas City Chiefs during traffic stop: 'I should be playing for a freaking Super Bowl'
- Vietnam’s festive season
Vietnam’s tallest viaduct gets ready for traffic have 464 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.