Vietnam closely monitors the developments of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and wishes that the parties will resume dialogue and resolve the issue by peaceful means, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
During a regular press briefing in Hanoi on Thursday, Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang was asked about Vietnam's position on the event that Russia annexed four Ukrainian oblasts, namely Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia.
Vietnam closely monitors the developments of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, Hang said.
"Vietnam calls on relevant parties to resume dialogue and resolve issues by peaceful means on the basis of respecting basic principles of international law, especially the principle of respect for countries’ independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity," the spokesperson continued.
As an active and responsible member of the international community, Vietnam is ready to contribute to promoting dialogue and finding solutions to soon stabilize the situation, for peace and stability in the region and the world, she noted.
Russia announced the annexation of Donetsk, Lugansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia in a ceremony held in Moscow on September 30.
On October 5, Russian President Vladimir Putin passed the laws to officially complete the merger of the four regions.
Ukraine and many countries rejected the results of the referendums on the annexation of the four regions and imposed new sanctions on Russia.
- Russia Warns Ukraine: 'We Would Not Start a War, but Our Response Will Be Most Convincing'
- NATO Spending Increase Is an 'Aggressive Anti-Russian' Move 'Without Any Justification,' Russia Claims
- How the EU can save Ukraine
- Ex-Georgian leader Saakashvili barges across Ukraine border
- Sexist Russia’s Sexpot Spokeswomen
- Fake news or the truth? Russia cracks down on virus postings
- Russian ventilators sent to U.S. made by firm under U.S. sanctions: Russia newspaper
- Russia vs Saudi: How much pain can they take in oil price war?
- Russia Claimed It Created a Coronavirus Cure, but It’s an American Malaria Drug
- Russia Warns of Growing Threat of Wars Across the Globe, Says U.S. Ties 'Lowest in History'
- Only one new case of COVID-19 reported in Vietnam today
- Why Trump Has Such a Soft Spot for Russia
- It's Time to Reboot Our Relationship With Russia and Iran's Neighbors
- Fake News or the Truth? Russia Cracks Down on Virus Postings
- George Galloway's RT news channel loses High Court challenge over £200,000 fine for biased coverage of novichok poisonings and Syria
- We Are Losing Hearts and Minds in the Former Soviet Empire
- Russian ventilators shipped to U.S. made by firm under U.S. sanctions: RBC
- Factbox: Trade restrictions on food exports due to coronavirus pandemic
- RT loses challenge against claims of bias in novichok reporting
- Chinese-Russian Defense Drills Illustrate Growing Alliance - Analyst
Vietnam expresses views on Russia's annexation of four Ukraine oblasts have 449 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.