Delivering a speech at a ceremony hosted by the Vietnamese Embassy in Ottawa to mark the fifth anniversary of the Vietnam – Canada Comprehensive Partnership, the diplomat further said official visits, online and offline meetings, and phone talks between the two governments' leaders and minsters have provided a strong foundation for the two countries to further expand bilateral ties and reinforce common priorities.
He said the Vietnam – Canada economic linkage, as a driver of the Comprehensive Partnership, should be further stepped up by making the most of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for the Trans-Pacific Progress (CPTPP).
The diplomat urged the two sides to push for a sustainable and reliable supply chain and advance cooperation in science, technology, innovation, green energy, climate change and environment, saying these areas will help the two nations sustain economic security.
Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly, for her part, said Canada wishes to forge a long-term relation with Vietnam, and that the Southeast Asian country plays a critical role in Canada's Indo-Pacific Strategy, given that they boast a close people-to-people exchange and both are members of the Francophone community.
Canada looks forward to Vietnam's support to become an ASEAN strategic partner, she noted, adding that last year, ASEAN was Canada's fourth largest trade partner with bilateral goods exchange reaching USD 25 billion.
Vietnam and Canada established a Comprehensive Partnership in 2017 during an official visit of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to Vietnam. Since then, the two-way trade has surged by 72.7% and the number of Vietnamese students in Canada has been on a rise.
Canada has invested CAD 1.2 billion (USD 0.8 billion) in 101 projects in Vietnam within their development cooperation.
The two countries will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of their diplomatic relations next year.
- This Is Us recap – Vietnam: The moments that made us cry
- Imported Pickups Inch Closer with the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Details Released
- Bosch inks strategic innovation partnership with Software AG
- Olympian Cayla Barnes eyes new prize at Boston College
- Love Trains: A Guide to Automaker Partnerships
- More investment worries local government
- Firms must know global trade policy
- Vietnamese, Danish PMs talk over phone
- Party leader meets deputy speaker of Russian Federation Council
- HCM City desirous of stepping up connections with Australia
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Automechanika Shanghai 2016 sets new records in exhibitors and visitors
- Bajaj Auto has global motorcycle market in its sights
- 2017 Renault Alaskan
- 2013 Mazda CX‑5
- How the SEC East has begun its evolution into the SEC West beyond its new slate of coaches
- Chrysler Suicide Watch 49: Official Statement
- Alastair Cook lives to fight a final day as England batsmen gain advantage against India
- 2017 Ford Fiesta (Euro‑Spec)
Vietnam, Canada eye stronger comprehensive partnership have 457 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 12, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.