Rainfall measured at 115 millimeters caused streams to overflow and pour down Ta Ca Commune early Sunday.
Fifteen houses were swept away while others collapsed. A four-month old girl was knocked off her mother’s arm. Only the mother survived.
Over 50 houses in Ta Ca were flooded and damaged in slushy onslaught.
Water started to recede at noon, leaving behind debris covered with rocks and clay.
Several other houses like the one above were filled with mud and wreckage deposited at their front doors.
A landslide of rocks and clay destroyed a road in Ta Ca and blocked rescue operations from reaching the commune.
As the water receded, residents and local officials began cleaning up.
Eight people including the infant have died and more than 17,400 houses flooded in the central province of Nghe An as side-effects of Storm Noru that made landfall on Wednesday.
Floods sweep through Muong Xen Town of Ky Son District. Video by Van Cuong, Nguyen Hai
- Five missing as floods, landslides hit central Vietnam
- At least five missing as torrential rains trigger raging floods in central Vietnam
- Tropical depression heads towards south-central Vietnam
- Fresh cold snap to bring more downpours to central Vietnam this week
- Police bust cat theft ring in north-central Vietnam
- Five rare gray-shanked douc langurs shot dead in central Vietnam
- Farmer in central Vietnam a ‘savior’ to those dying for blood
- Torrential rains trigger flooding, disrupt life in central Vietnam
- Capsized boat victims found far from accident scene in central Vietnam
- Flooding leaves seven dead and missing in central Vietnam
- Central Vietnam braces for storm Kompasu
- Storm Kompasu weakens into tropical depression off central Vietnam
- ‘Sky wine’ pouring from tree trunks in central Vietnam
- Five critically endangered langurs shot dead in central Vietnam
- Boy missing after swimming at beach with sibling, friend in north-central Vietnam
- US funds advanced energy storage project in central Vietnam
- Three-ton whale rescued from being stranded on shore in central Vietnam
- Project on climate change adaptation to benefit central Vietnam
- Gujarat: 8 dead since Monday, CM Bhupendra Patel visits rain-ravaged areas in Jamnagar, Rajkot
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 19
Midnight flood ravages district in central Vietnam have 399 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.