It was one of the two GDP scenarios for 2022 announced by the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) at a routine government press briefing on October 1.
In the worst-case scenario, the GDP will grow at 7.5%, provided that many challenges and uncertainties are expected in the fourth quarter of this year, Phuong told reporters.
Commenting on Vietnam's economic outlook for 2023, he said there will be both challenges and opportunities, but the former are likely to outweigh the latter and be even tougher in the wake of inflationary pressure worldwide and gloomy global economic outlook.
He noted that global inflation, particularly in major economies as well as Vietnam’s key partners, is unlikely to ease over the next one or two months but certainly will linger on in 2023.
The official also voiced concern over other threats to the Vietnamese economy, emphasizing the ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis and non-conventional risks like storms, flooding, and epidemics.
The MPI forecast the Vietnamese economy will expand around 6.5% in 2023 in a growth scenario submitted to the Government, he said.
The deputy minister also revealed that 46.7% of the total public investment has been disbursed so far this year.
- S.Korea's employment growth hits 29-month high in August
- Home-Based Business - If at First You Don't Succeed - QUIT!
- Growth not my baby, says the RBI
- Prices of Base Metals May Get Sigh of Relief in Late First Half of the 2009
- Home Based Business Modeling - Part I
- Value Or Growth - What Kind of Investor Are You?
- The 10 Best Home Based Business Ideas - Online Businesses Are Here to Stay
- How to Finance a Home Based Business Franchise
- Start a Home Based Business on the Internet And What it Takes to Succeed Online
- The Trend is Your Friend When Choosing Stocks and a Home-Based Business
- What Recession? - Learn How to Start a Home Based Online Business Now
- Uganda Opens Avenues of Growth For Indian SMEs
- Small Business - Growth Stage 3b - Meeting Demand
- Life Long Learning - The Quest For Knowledge, Or the Stimulation of Growth?
- Business And Spiritual Growth
- 5 Essential Strategies For Growing Your Home-Based Business Part Time
- 2009 Largest Providers, a Turbulent Economy Slows But Can't Put the Brakes on Assisted Living Growth
- Consistent Sales Growth
- Baseball, Hitting Streaks, Clutch Ballplayers and the Greatest Yet to Come
- Doomsday Scenarios - What Are the Chances of an Asteroid Colliding With Earth?
GDP growth to hit 8% this year in base-case scenario: Official have 385 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 20, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.