A first grader in Da Nang City, central Vietnam suffered multiple bruises on his arms and legs earlier this week after a classmate had hit the child with a ruler.
H., a first-grade student at Nguyen Phan Vinh Elementary School in Tho Quang Ward, Son Tra District, came home from school with bruises on his arms and legs on Wednesday.
H.'s mother then reported the incident to the school board and local authorities.
Le Tu Hoa, vice-chairman of the People's Committee in Tho Quang Ward, confirmed on Thursday that the administration had been aware of the incident and asked the teacher in charge to make a report.
The homeroom teacher said she had asked one of H.'s classmates to help him study during lunch break.
During their study session, the student hit H. with a ruler.
|H.'s mother talks to Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reporters. Photo: Doan Nhan / Tuoi Tre|
"Police have verified the teacher's report and confirmed that H.'s wounds were inflicted by a student, not the teacher," vice-chairman Hoa said.
The official also ordered that the school board review the teacher's role in managing the class.
"After being beaten by his classmate, my son is now afraid to go to school,” said H.'s mother.
"We will work with the teacher to encourage him to go back to class."
The mother added that she believed in authorities' summary of the case and hoped that such an act would not be repeated.
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 1
- Search intensifies for Molave landslide victims in central Vietnam
- Robotic arm the first step on this 11th grader's scientific journey
- Boy suffers abuse for three years at hands of father, rescued
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 27
- Vietnam 40 years on: how a communist victory gave way to capitalist corruption
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 25
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 31
- Classroom ceiling fan falls on student in northern Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 22
- Rita Ora cuts a casual figure in a black jacket and red leggings as she links arms with beau Romain Gavras after a night out in London... as singer sparks engagement speculation
- VIETNAM NEWS 14/10
- Dramatic moment cyclist is confronted in London park after 'hitting and dragging girl, 1, before riding off' - as the child's furious mother claims she 'didn't even say sorry'
- Philadelphia police seen on video hitting SUV windows, pulling person from vehicle with child inside
- Labor Day weekend is hit by wave of gun violence: Girl, 8, is among 51 people shot in Chicago, a six-year-old is shot in New York, while three are killed in 12 shootings in Baltimore
- Elderly Brooklyn shopper, 67, suffers broken nose and brain hemorrhaging after attacker brushed against HIM with a basket and then launched furious attack
- Police hunt hit-and-run driver who struck officer and left him 'screaming for help' after driving through cordon at scene of stabbing in London
- Newquay: Police officer suffers severe burns as man arrested over 'attempted murder'
- The 26 most toe-curling quotes from Finding Freedom: Friends who are amazed by Meghan's packing skills and call her 'Grace under fire', classmates who taunt her for being 'perfect' and how Harry is 'tough to impress'
First grader suffers bruised arms, legs after being hit by classmate in Vietnam have 539 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.