French ship Le Laperouse seen near Con Dao Islands. Photo by VnExpress/Cuong Tran
The ship arrived at the southern island Saturday after traveling to Indonesia and Singapore.
Passengers visited the infamous prisons where the French colonial administration jailed and tortured Vietnamese patriots and the cemetery where they are buried.
They also went diving to see coral reefs.
They left late Saturday for other Vietnamese localities including Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon, Da Nang, Hue, Quang Binh and Ha Long.
A foreign tourist from French cruise ship Le Laperouse arrives at Con Dao, October 1, 2022. Photo by VnExpress/Cuong Tran
Con Dao Islands is 185 kilometers off Vung Tau beach town. It has a combined land area of 76 square kilometers and a population of around 10,000 people.
- Giant cruise ship smashes into wharf
- GEDA: The time is now for a regional cruise ship industry
- Cruise ship industry for Guam pushed
- Cruise ship plan under development
- Properly plan, follow through on cruise ship industry
- Everything you need to know about the huge cruise ship in Kent
- Baltic cruise ships aim to cut food waste
- How the Galapagos Islands became a guilt-free paradise
- The Unesco-listed sights to visit on a Canary Islands cruise
- Cruising the Nile in style
- Let private sector make the call on cruise industry viability
- Governor creates group to focus on cruise industry
- Cuba lowers tourism target 15% after US cruise ban
- US cruises stop sailing to Cuba, travellers irate
- TMID Editorial: Shipping emissions
- Celebrating International Seafarers’ Day on June 25
- Climate change action: Island can show world how it's done
- Cruise giant P&O cancels Dubai season amid rising Gulf tensions
- Flags welcome international visitors
- It’s easy to see why Spike Island won awards
Con Dao Island receives first international cruise ship after pandemic have 268 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.