During the event, both sides agreed to regularly share information and together conduct patrols to address all law violations at sea, especially the illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. They will also promote dissemination and education work to raise public awareness of law observance in the protection and sustainable development of aquatic resources in line with economic activities and ensuring national defense and security at sea.
Meanwhile, the two sides should closely work together to strictly manage the registration of fishing vessels, fishing licenses, among others, so as to ensure safety for people and fishing equipment.
According to Vice Chairman of Soc Trang provincial People's Committee Vuong Quoc Nam, several localities in the province such as Tran De district and Vinh Chau town have fishing traditions. Currently, the province owns Tran De port – one of the large-scale ports of the Mekong Delta region. Therefore, the signing event held important significance, contributing to reducing the number of IUU cases, while maintaining stability to both develop the economy and protect the national sovereignty over sea and islands.
Concluding the conference, the Soc Trang provincial People's Committee and the Coast Guard Region 4 Command signed regulation on coordination in management of fisheries activities and were determined to effectively perform the task.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Vietnam Coast Guard seizes ship with 1.7 million liters of smuggled oil
- Disappearances, danger and death: what is happening to fishery observers?
- India yet to hear from Pakistan on coordinated response with Iran to control desert locusts
- COVID-19: Lack of regional coordination could lead to more deaths in Africa
- Draft law on border guard submitted to NA for ratification
- UNICEF distributes life-saving supplies to over 340,000 people in Vietnam in response to COVID-19
- UNICEF supports Covid-19-hit people in Vietnam
- Trapped in Vietnam: The story of a European couple
- Mission of General Staff inspects military units
- In Sri Lanka, yet another chance at post-war recovery
- Hau Giang holds great potential for urban development
- Control room to check illegal fishing during trawling ban
- Hanoi-Ho Chi Minh City train offers scenic journey
- SpaceX Crew Dragon abort system a major boost for crew safety
- Could a major earthquake soon strike South Korea?
- Mekong Delta needs VND5 trillion investment for freshwater supply projects
- Cyclone Amphan LIVE Updates: At least 10-12 people died, says Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
- Cyclone Amphan LIVE Updates: Landfall process of extremely severe cyclone begins
- Is China taking advantage of COVID-19 to pursue South China Sea ambitions?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 19
Coast Guard Region 4, Soc Trang province to coordinate in fisheries have 398 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.