The handover was carried out under the decision of the provincial People's Committee.
The eight foreign fishermen include Soe San Naing (1991), Shwe Soe (1993), Wai Yan (1998), Thein Tun Htay (1998), Myo Nyi Nyi (1997), Poe La Pyae (1994), Ko Soe (1993), and Al Soe (1987). All of them are Myanmar citizens.
Earlier on August 26, the Border Post of Ba Ria – Vung Tay Port Border Gate was reported that while en route from China to Indonesia, Panama's Vessel TRUMP SW spotted eight drifting people at sea. Immediately, the vessel's crew-members rescued and gave first aid to them before reporting the case to its agent, Indochina Shipping and Forwarding Ltd. Company. The ship then approached Vung Tau port and handed over the distressed to the Ba Ria – Vung Tau provincial Border Guard Command.
On August 29, the Border Post of Ba Ria – Vung Tau Port Border Gate provided health check-up to the distressed, completed all procedures to receive the foreigners, and accommodated them. At present, eight fishermen's health is stable.
At the handover ceremony, Myanmar Embassy's representative deeply thanked Ba Ria – Vung Tau's authorities and Border Guard Command for giving good care for and accommodating the distressed Myanmar fishermen.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau selective about investments, prioritises high-tech
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau fosters a healthy startup ecosystem
- HCMC to begin ferry service to Vung Tau
- Thi Vai international port begins operation
- Con Dao recruits more tourism personnel as demand rises
- Grab Viet Nam expands service with Grab Bus
- Beach breaks among most searched topics in Vietnam: Google
- Beaches among most searched destinations in Vietnam: Google
- Beaches among most Google searched destinations in Vietnam
- Places to celebrate Christmas, New Year in Ho Chi Minh City, southern region
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- Three South Koreans detained for running online gambling ring
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – December 12
- Identifying apt locations for industrial property
- Three missing in sunken container vessel salvage operation
- Five-fruit trees, plants shaped like rats popular for Tet
- Promoting environment-minded business
- HQ 671 vessel recognised as national treasure
- Novaland honoured as year’s top developer at Dot Property Southeast Awards
- Green construction materials gaining ground
Ba Ria - Vung Tau hands over rescued fishermen to Myanmar have 341 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.