Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The achievements of photographers from the past two years are on display at an exhibition in downtown Hanoi.
Titled ‘ Vietnam Art Photo Exhibition ‘, the biennial event features 250 works by 187 photographers. Over three months, the National Art Photography Contest 2022 gathered over 16,300 entries by more than 1,500 photographers. The entries have been divided into Realistic Photo and Conceptual Photo categories.
The best 29 works have been awarded, including one gold medal, four silver, eight bronze and 16 encouragement prizes.
In the Realistic Photo Category, a group photo titled ‘Thu Thiem Bridge 1- A New Highlight’ by Le Quang Thien from Da Nang won the gold medal. Four silver medals went to Gold Goal by Dinh Trong Hai (Hanoi); Under Wings by Nguyen Thu Hong (Hanoi); Female Warrior Takes a Nap after a Working Shift by Truong Huynh Son (Da Nang) and Journey of Con Dao Turles by Nguyen Ngoc Thien (HCM City).
Addressing the awards ceremony on October 6, Deputy Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Ta Quang Dong, head of the contest’s directing board, noted that the Vietnam Art Photo Contest and Exhibition is a meeting point for the best photographers in the country.
However, the number of entries has shown photographers’ growth and capability to inspire the whole society through art. In addition, the event has also expressed their enthusiasm and contributions to society’s spiritual life.
Dong said the shortlisted entries displayed here had been carefully selected by an art jury comprising prestigious professional photographers.
“Works displayed here will bring the public a visual party, from realistic, beautiful and vivid images of Vietnamese people, culture, and landscapes to concepts and thinking of artists on issues of contemporary life,” he said.
The exhibition will run at the Vietnam Culture & Art Exhibition, No 2 Hoa Lu street, till October 16 before being moved to HCM City Fine Arts Museum, 97A Pho Duc Chinh street, from November 4 to 13./.
- Milford Performing Art Center Features "Newsies" With Area Students
- Drew Barrymore reveals story behind a throwback photo featuring Cameron Diaz
- Brooklyn Beckham's unseen wedding photo featuring Harper Beckham revealed - and it's so special
- An Elegant Return to Form at Independent Art Fair
- Leading Contemporary Artists Take On The Great Migration
- The Left Bank Bistro Celebrates New Lance Rodgers Art Acquisition
- The Best Digital Photo Frames | Digital Trends
- Contemplate Charleston, S.C.’s Duality With William H. Johnson At The Gibbes Museum Of Art
- I Have Seen the Death of Culture, and It Was Anna Delvey’s Art Show
- New New York Exhibition Features Photos Of Holocaust Survivors In America
- Ivory Coast artist recasts old mobile phones into art
- San Diego’s Photo Gem
- The Art World’s ‘Mini Madoff’ Faces Sentencing for His $86 Million Fraud
- 7-Eleven Shoebox Art Piece Inspired By Teen's Covid Outing: Art Show
- Paintings once belonging to a Nazi art dealer are set to go on display
- Artist sale to fund Royal Academy of Arts expansion
- Morton Grove Dancer Featured in Gus Legacy's Return to Stage
- Sunscreen Film Festival: Feature Films, Workshops, Documentaries
- Ukraine To Gain From Pittsburgh Immersive Art Display Benefit
- In a Former Mafia Stronghold, Art Remembers, and Warns
Art photos featuring contemporary life displayed have 523 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.