The economy rebounded strongly from COVID-19-related lockdown s in the third quarter of 2021, expanding by 6.4% in the first half of 2022, the report said.
The WB attributed the rebound to a recovery of exports and the release of pent-up demand following the removal of COVID-19 -related mobility restrictions and, more recently, the gradual return of foreign tourists.
The WB also forecast that growth in the region is projected to decelerate from 7.2 percent in 2021 to 3.2 percent in 2022, which is about two percentage points slower than was expected in April 2022.
Meanwhile, a writing published by the London-based Financial Times on September 26 described Vietnam as one of the seven economic wonders of a worried world.
It noted in periods of gloom like this one, when commentators see nothing but faults in most countries, it is worth highlighting the few that defy the prevailing pessimism. The seven that stand out in a world tipping towards recession and higher inflation are Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Greece, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
The writing said the least surprising name on the list is Vietnam, adding that by investing heavily in the infrastructure required of a manufacturing export power, and opening its doors, Vietnam is growing at nearly 7%, the fastest pace in the world./.
- Vietnam economy to grow almost five times by 2035
- WB forecasts Indonesia’s economy to grow by zero pct in 2020
- Vietnam economy to expand 7.1 pct in 2021: UOB
- WB forecasts 3.3 percent growth for Sri Lanka in 2021
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 5
- Vietnam one of few bright spots in global economy in 2021: experts
- Positive prospects for Vietnam’s economy in 2021
- Keeping coronavirus at bay, Vietnam revs up economy to race ahead of rivals
- Vietnam’s manufacturing output returns to growth in final month of 2020
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 29
- Productivity should be put at center of Vietnam’s development strategy: WB
- Overcoming pandemic shocks, maintaining high growth rate, Vietnam is the ‘next Asian miracle’
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 30
- HSBC sees Vietnam growing slower than earlier forecast
- Singapore economy shrinks by 5.8 pct last year
WB forecasts Vietnam’s economy to expand 7.2% in 2022 have 350 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.