Havana (VNA) – Vietnam wishes to learn from Cuba 's experience in managing relations with the Catholic Church and the Vatican and expanding bilateral cooperation and information exchange in religious affairs, Deputy Minister of Home Affairs and Chairman of the Government Committee for Religious Affairs Vu Chien Thang has said.
He made the statement when meeting Caridad Diego Bello, head of the Cuban Communist Party (CCP)'s Office of Religious Affairs , as he was visiting the country on September 17 – 22.
Religions live in harmony in Vietnam, with followers actively contributing to national construction and development, Thang told Bello. The Vietnamese Party and State have pursued consistent policies of ensuring religious freedom and equality, promoting cultural and ethical values of all religions and making use of resources created by religious dignitaries and followers to develop the country, he said.
The official urged the two sides to further ramp up high-level delegation exchange and asked the CCP office to provide an enabling environment for the Vietnamese community in Cuba to practice their traditional beliefs and religions.
He also had a meeting with Head of the CCP Cadre Policy Department Humberto Camilo Hernández Suárez, during which several highlights of the cooperation between the Vietnamese Ministry of Home Affairs and the Cuban department were outlined. The two sides inked a number of agreements in archive and records management , and personnel training.
Thang later paid a courtesy call to Rogelio Polanco Fuentes, Secretary of the CCP Central Committee and head of its Ideological Department where the two officials discussed partnership in personnel arrangement and training, and public administrative reforms between the two countries. They also talked about religious situation and policies as well as experience in religious state governance./.
- PM lauds Vietnam-Laos cooperation in home affairs
- Overseas Vietnamese: Inseparable part of Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 26 (updated hourly)
- US national security advisor seeks to expand cooperation with Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 28 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 29 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 22 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 27 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 19 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 21 (updated hourly)
- Vietnam-Cuba solidarity model for int’l relations: diplomat
- Vietnam - Cuban diplomatic ties marked in HCM City
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 15 (updated hourly)
- Vietnam, Cuban Parties enhance special friendship
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 24 (updated hourly)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 19
- Insignia awarded to Cuban Ambassador
- Vietnam, UK issue joint declaration on strategic partnership
- Cuban Ambassador awarded Friendship Order
Vietnam seeks Cuban experience in religious affairs have 438 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.