In his letter, Chien wrote that promoting the tradition of solidarity, mutual affection and love of the nation, many businesses, agencies, organizations and individuals at home and abroad have supported the poor by making contributions to "Fund for the poor” or assisting the building of houses, schools and roads as well as medical examination and treatment.
Along with the good implementation of social welfare policies by the Party and State, their assistance contributes to improving people’s living standards, he said.
The country has nearly 2.4 poor and near-poor households, accounting for 9% of the total households across the country.
Chien said that the COVID-19 pandemic has seriously affected people’s lives, especially the poor and disadvantaged groups in society. Millions of poor households are in dire need of housing and livelihood support to stabilize their lives and thousands of villages and communes with special difficulties that need help.
Therefore, he called for more contributions to the “Fund for the poor" to care for the poor and ensure social security.
People can contribute to the fund through bank transfer to the following accounts: "For the poor" fund, account number: 1000001000171717 at Vietnam Bank for Social Policies Transaction Office, or bank account: 3761.0.9054386.91046 at Vietnam State Treasury's Hoan Kiem Branch.
- Poor people more entitled to receive 'freebies', says economist Jayati Ghosh
- US pastor who called congregation 'poor, broke, busted and disgusted' for not buying him a luxury watch apologises
- Vietnam, UK promote ties in various areas
- Buddhist monks, nuns in Hanoi donate money to build houses for the poor
- Eni Vietnam presents computers to medical sector in HCM City
- Vietnam spends big sending students abroad but most refuse to return
- Festival for children of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia 2022 opens in HCMC
- Shinhan Life Vietnam supports children with blood cancer in HCM City
- Vu Lan festival: A cultural activity with Buddhist philosophy in Vietnam
- Ex-president of Vietnamese support center gets life sentence for scamming 1,000 people
- Housing support for 100,000 poor, near-poor households
- Vietnam, Japan should accelerate implementation of ODA projects: Deputy PM
- Vietnam tourist island to ban single-use plastics
- Over VND 500 million contributed to “For national sea and islands – For Fatherland front-line” Fund
- Letter calls for donations to Cuban people
- Vietnam honors 3 firefighters who died in karaoke parlor blaze in Hanoi
- More Vietnamese willing to donate organs after death
- Hanoi VCFA eyes stronger Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- Vietnam, U.K. promote ties in various areas
- Vietnam News Agency joins hands to support AO victim in Soc Trang
Vietnam Fatherland Front calls for donations for poor people have 396 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.