This festival is held to not only bring in the belief about a new bumper crop, a peaceful life, but also make the cultural picture of the ethnic minority group here richer and unique.
Normally, the Dao Tien big families take turns to hold the festival each year. On the festive day, small families bring offerings, such as rice, alcohol, chicken, to the house of the head of their big family.
Besides arranging offerings, family members and their neighbors also join hands in erecting "crop trees." The trees are carefully-selected green bamboo or dracontomelum trees.
Apart from aforementioned offerings, they also make small round cakes to attach to the trees, symbolizing a bumper crop. The trees are then placed before the altar of the head of the big family.
Below are several photos of the ceremony.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Shan Tuyet tea – a specialty from Hoang Lien Son mountain range
- New community tour sites to be built in Da Nang
- Truong Sa coral stone – a special musical instrument
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 3
- 80s series about Viet Cong agent hits right notes
- ’s Ravi Patel on Doing the Infamous Indian Accent and the Second Coming of Aziz Ansari
Unique festival of Dao Tien ethnic group in Moc Chau have 197 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.