Ha Noi T&T protected their top V-League position after their sixth victory yesterday, April 11, over Becamex Binh Duong at Hang Day Stadium.
The Hanoian team defeated their rivals 2-1 to clear 18 points, three over runners-up SHB Da Nang, who also won 1-0 over Ninh Binh.
T&T scored their first goal at the 28th minute by Cristiano Roland, who both created the attack and finished it by a strong shot.
Former champion Binh Duong levelled the result 30 minutes after the break from Huynh Kesley Alves, who made a perfect solo performance in the penalty area before an accurate tap in.
And as always, there were surprises in Ha Noi yesterday. As many people expected a draw, Gonzalo Marronkle of T&T headed a second goal for his team after a left-wing pass by halfback Le Hong Minh.
It was Binh Duong’s third loss this season, which pushed them down two places, from second to fourth, with 13 points.
At the match in Ninh Binh, about 100km from the capital, Da Nang occupied second place with the only goal by Diego Mendez at the 25th minute.
Ninh Binh suffered its second loss under coach Le Thuy Hai, even though they tried their best to overthrow Da Nang in the second half. The feat proved impossible, as their rivals were the defending champions whose coach, Le Huynh Duc, was awarded the Best Coach of March last week.
The second loss in a row for the host team dropped them down to ninth place – not very far from the SOS group. They had only three points more than the bottom teams.
Megastar Nam Dinh could have been the happiest team yesterday, as they pocketed their first victory of the season after eight rounds.
Coach Nguyen Ngoc Hao and his players enjoyed an easy win of 3-1 against Dong Tam Long An.
National member Hoang Danh Ngoc wore himself out scoring twice at the 22nd and 33rd minutes.
His teammate, Nguyen Luong Phuc, made it three goals six minutes after the break after Long An’s Phan Van Tai Em narrowed the result at the 48th minute.
However, Nam Dinh were still on the bottom of the rankings, with only four points.
In other matches, Khatoco Khanh Hoa were tied 0-0 by Lam Son Thanh Hoa despite their home tuft advantage; Hai Phong Cement, who were in trouble with their violent fans, defeated Hoa Phat Ha Noi 2-0; Dong Thap failed to beat Song Lam Nghe An, although they presented a better team during the match, which ended 2-2.
Source: VietNamNet/Viet Nam News
- Real Salt Lake confident ahead of showdown with league-leading Atlanta United
- Southeastern turns attention to league-leading McNeese
- 'Pretty much everybody' expected to play for league-leading FC Cincy
- Poll: Feinstein maintains robust lead in California race
- Wolf, Casey maintain big leads in new F&M Poll
- Patriot League-leading field hockey look to continue dominance versus Lehigh
- Cuomo maintains monster lead over Molinaro
- Saturday’s golf: Tony Finau rallies to maintain HSBC lead
- Calhoun maintains small lead over Vanderwood in treasurer race
- Saturday’s golf: Finau rallies to maintain HSBC lead
- Poll: Whitmer maintains strong lead over Schuette in governor's race
- Poll: Kate Brown maintains narrow lead over Knute Buehler
- Blake Snell wins major-league-leading 20th in 4-0 win over Rangers
- 3rd District incumbent maintains fundraising lead
- Corey Kluber grabs major league-leading 18th win as Cleveland Indians defeat Kansas City Royals, 3-1
- UEFA Champions League Tuesday: Real Madrid falters, Dybala hat trick
- Quintana leads way for Cubs
- Stewart's first 2 major league homers help Tigers beat Royals
- Captains lead men’s hockey to 4-1 win over No. 13 Northeastern
- FC Cincinnati's Forrest Lasso, Emmanuel Ledesma named to USL All-League first team
T&T maintain V-League lead have 604 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.