Located nearly 40 kilometers from the district center, 95 percent of the local people in Drang Phok are ethnic minorities. Therefore, local people regularly go to the military-civilian medical clinic of the Dak Lak provincial Border Guard Command located right in Drang Phok village.
Ignoring holidays and break time, Major Cao Duc Dien in charge of running Drang Phrok military-civilian medical clinic (under Serepok Border Station) often works around the clock and is ready to help the locals.
Major Dien shared that Drang Phrok people are facing difficulties in living conditions. There also exist many outdated customs and traditions. In the past, when people were sick, their families invited a shaman to their houses to get rid of ghosts or used herbs to treat diseases. As a result, many patients got worse or even died.
Knowing this situation, in 2009, the Dak Lak provincial Border Guard Command called for donations and built a medical clinic to serve local people.
Every day, Major Dien provides medical examinations and medicines for 10 to 15 local people. However, he encounters many difficulties in communicating with the locals because some cannot speak Vietnamese. Also, the clinic is often in the shortage of medicines.
Along with providing health check-ups and treatment, the clinic has coordinated with local medical forces to give local people free medicines sponsored by organizations and benefactors and instruct people on how to prevent diseases, such as COVID-19, malaria, dengue fever, among others.
Meanwhile, the clinic has conducted a number of meaningful activities to help local people, including encouraging parents to send their children to school, disseminating information about the protection of the environment and border sovereignty, and law observance, as well as guiding the locals to raise livestock and cultivate agricultural products.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Syria air raid kills four medical workers near Aleppo
- 35,000 MORE residents are at risk from Whaley Bridge dam: Towns and villages further downstream from danger zone are warned by the Army to 'prepare a bag' and be ready to evacuate with 10 minutes' notice
- Chinese peacekeepers provide free clinic in Lebanon
- Pentagon's transgender policy for military service to take effect, nearly two years after Trump tweeted about the ban
- 'Self-serving' doctor who made dishonest medical notes about boy, 12, days after he died from Addison's disease is suspended for nine months
- Mysterious explosion - that killed seven people - involving Russia's 'Skyfall' nuclear cruise missile happened during a salvage mission and NOT a test, US intelligence assessment finds
- US Marshals Seize 'Unproven' Smallpox Vaccine From Stem Cell Clinic
- What A Secretive Military Agency Is Doing For The Future Of Global Health
- Trump Is Gutting Health Care Protections For Transgender People And Those Who Have Had Abortions
- The Hard Questions About Young People and Gender Transitions
- Turkey shoots down unidentified drone near Syrian border
- Somali citizens count cost of surge in US airstrikes under Trump
- Yemen's war cut a father's route to work, now his toddler starves
- Facing US lawsuits, opioid makers eye new market In India
- Russian planes dropped bombs that destroyed UN aid convoy, US officials say
- What the documents reveal about killings of unarmed Afghans
- Abandoned malls are sputtering back to life with megachurches, rooftop pools and homeless shelters
- Poisoning suspect honored by Putin in 2014, UK group says
- The quiet release of the Pentagon's new policy on transgender service: Analysis
- Drone strikes: tears in Congress as Pakistani family tells of mother's death
Military people medical clinic in Drang Phok village have 544 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.