Dam asked the Health Ministry to hold periodic meetings and working sessions with pharmaceutical associations, businesses, ministries and agencies concerned to deal with specific issues, firstly helping amend the Pharmacy Law as soon as possible.
The Ministry of Health must completely handle the extension of drug registration while amending Circular No.30/2018/TT-BYT promulgating the list and payment requirements for pharmaceutical chemicals, biological products, radioactive drugs and those reserved for health insurance participants, which should be updated annually or in necessary cases.
In addition, the Vietnam Social Security must soon submit solutions aimed at dealing with the late payment for drugs and supplies covered by health insurance.
Director of the Drug Administration of Vietnam Vu Tuan Cuong said the pharmaceutical industry is on track to strong growth with a value of 3.4 billion USD in 2015 to 6.92 billion USD in 2021. Domestically-made drugs account for 46% of the total.
Vietnam is now home to 228 medicine production facilities meeting GMP-WHO standards, 14.3% of them fully automatic while 68% have automatic equipment that mainly produce generic medicines.
Policies and regulations have created favorable conditions for pharmaceutical industry, with incentives for investment in the production of hi-tech, treatment, invention, biological medicines, biological vaccines and medicine materials.
However, the establishments mostly focus on producing generic medicines because it takes much time, capital and quality workforce to churn out hi-tech, treatment and invented drugs. Statistics showed that invented drugs account for only 3% in volume but up to 22% in value.
Additionally, price negotiations and biddings for invented drugs remain slow due to the lack of reference information and price comparison.
Cuong asked the industry to focus on attracting investment in production technology and improving product quality, build research centers for vaccines and biological products, develop domestic materials, and improve the capacity of pharmaceutical research and testing.
- Italy's deputy PM says ArcelorMittal's new offer on Ilva not sufficient on labour
- Over 1,000 affordable homes could disappear in Sacramento County, new report says
- With renters struggling, California still needs 1.4 million more affordable units, report finds
- Why did Newsom bust tiny Wheatland on affordable housing? City says rules ‘don’t really fit’
- Housing affordability drops steeply in Butte County after Camp Fire
- The PM's office says Barnaby Joyce didn't breach a key rule over his girlfriend's jobs because she was 'not his partner at the time'
- Roseville’s first downtown affordable housing complex opened this month. Two more are on the way
- Takeda Can’t Afford to Kick Its $60 Billion Shire Habit: Gadfly
- Can bankrupt PG&E maintain wildfire prevention this summer? Can it afford not to?
- Most affordable places to retire? Sacramento isn’t bad but Texas is better
- Affordable paradise mixes with peril on Hawaiian volcano
- Vietnam gov`t won`t change monetary policy course this year: PM
- Australia $106-billion income tax cuts seen boosting PM re-election bid
- Wife of former Malaysian PM Najib to be questioned by anti-graft agency
- Italian coalition leaders keep sniping even after PM ultimatum
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 31/3
- Sacramento mayor blasts housing agency for slow progress on homeless solutions
- Rent control died at the ballot box — California Democrats are trying again
- Need health insurance? Lawmakers get a ‘buffet’ of options for covering more people
- Did dropping tax penalty hurt Covered California enrollment? The numbers are in
Medicines must be sufficient, affordable: Deputy PM have 523 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.