The ceremony was attended by Defense Minister General Phan Van Giang and Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs (GDP) General Luong Cuong, among others.
At the event, State President cum Chairman of the Defense – Security Council Nguyen Xuan Phuc handed over the promotion decision to General Tan. On behalf of the Party, State and Central Military Commission (CMC) leaders, the State leader praised General Tan for his outstanding achievements in the cause of national construction and defense, noting that this was a great honor and pride for officers and soldiers in the whole military in general, and General Tan's family in particular.
The State President assessed that General Tan has a firm political stance and good virtues. He has also held many important positions and made many outstanding achievements in the cause of national construction and defense. In particular, since September 2019, as the GS's deputy chief, he has supported the GS's chief to well direct the VPA's participation in the U.N. peacekeeping operations; and international integration and defense diplomacy; to name but a few.
The State leader affirmed that the promotion showed the trust and care of the Party, State and CMC towards General Tan. He also requested General Tan to continue improving his political stance and be absolutely loyal to the Party’s revolutionary ideals and goals.
He also urged the high-ranking officer to focus on his leadership in order to further improve the quality of defense diplomacy and U.N. peacekeeping operations, and uphold the spirit of solidarity and make greater efforts to complete all assigned tasks.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Lieutenant General Sir Sandy Boswell, brigade commander who helped to clear ‘no-go’ areas during the Troubles – obituary
- HCMC leaders pay tribute on traditional meeting of Saigon-Cho Lon-Gia Dinh
- GDP’s leader visits agencies and units in Southern localities
- Telangana govt effects time scale promotions for many IAS and IPS officers
- Leaders of General Staff receive Chinese and U.S. guests
- Defense leaders inspect units’ combat readiness for Tet
- GDP, GS leaders pay Tet visits to academies, units
- 3 PNP generals get promoted, 11 officers get first star
- How Detailed Examination Of Leaders Helps Create Value
- Party leader visits Bac Ninh province ahead of Tet
- A TRUCE IS OFFERED BY SOMALI GENERAL TO U.N.-U.S. FORCES
- Mali Coup Leaders Seized Power Days After Returning From Military Training Camp in Russia
- Nathaniel Hackett’s road to becoming Broncos’ coach: “Born to be a leader in NFL”
- New York Giants hiring Brandon Brown as assistant general manager, sources say
- Mark Drakeford approval rating: How popular is the Welsh leader?
- 30% vacancies in Central offices as Government holds promotions for past six years
- Four senior TN police officers to be promoted as DGPs
- ISIS leader Quraishi kills himself during Syria raid, says US
- John K. Singlaub, 100, General Who Clashed With Jimmy Carter, Dies
- Inside US raid on ISIS leader: Months of preparation, then a deadly blast
GS’s leader promoted to rank of Senior Lieutenant General have 479 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.