During the visit, FM Son paid a courtesy call on President of the National Council of Austria Wolfgang Sobotka, held talks with his Austrian counterpart Alexander Schallenberg, met with Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs Martin Kocher and Minister for the E.U. and Constitution at the Federal Chancellery of Austria Karoline Edtstadler.
During the meetings with Austrian leaders, the FM affirmed that Vietnam attaches importance to the traditional friendship and cooperation with Austria. He took the occasion to propose that the two sides increase the exchange of delegations, especially those at high level, and discuss with the Austrian side measures to further expand and deepen multi-faceted collaboration between the two countries.
The Austrian leaders all affirmed respect for Vietnam's role and position in the Asia-Pacific region, and expressed a hope to enhance the bilateral ties in politics-diplomacy, economy, trade, investment, renewable energy and health care.
The two sides noted with joy that political collaboration and regular high-level contact and visits in the past time have contributed to creating political trust between the two countries and an impetus for cooperation.
Due to the positive effect of the E.U. – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), trade and investment have become a bright spot in Vietnam – Austria ties, with bilateral trade reaching 3.35 billion USD, up nearly 14% from 2020.
The two sides agreed to continue with close coordination to fully tap opportunities created by the EVFTA and facilitate market access for each other's exports.
The Austrian side took note for consideration the Vietnamese FM's proposal that the Austrian parliament early ratify the Vietnam – E.U. Investment Protection Agreement and the Austrian Government support the early removal of the E.U.'s yellow card on Vietnam's seafood.
The two sides also discussed the possibility of expanding cooperation to new fields such as green finance, renewable energy and environmental protection.
Regarding international cooperation, the two sides agreed to continue coordinating and supporting each other at multilateral organizations and forums, particularly the U.N. and the ASEAN – E.U. strategic partnership.
The two sides exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual concern, and shared the stance on settling disputes by peaceful measures based on international law and the U.N. Charter as well as respect for the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982.
During the visit, the Vietnamese FM also attended the opening ceremony of a “Vietnamese Cultural Space,” the Vietnam – Austria Business Forum and a ceremony to mark the 50th anniversary of Vietnam – Austria diplomatic ties, and met with officials and staff of Vietnamese Embassy and representatives of the Vietnamese community in Austria.
- Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son attends 29th ARF in Phnom Penh
- FM Bui Thanh Son’s remarks at ASEAN flag-hoisting ceremony
- FM Bui Thanh Son receives Indian diplomat
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers gather in Phnom Penh for key issues
- Vietnam attends EAS Foreign Ministers meeting in Cambodia
- 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting opens in Cambodia
- Vietnam stresses dialogue, trust, responsibility at EAS Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
- Foreign minister meets with foreign counterparts on AMM-55 sidelines
- Turkiye's foreign minister visits Malaysia starting Aug 3
- Kim Jong Un smiles in extraordinary selfie with Singapore foreign minister during nighttime sightseeing tour
- Kazakh Deputy PM’s visit adds fresh impetus to bilateral cooperation
- Minister suggests ASEAN promote role of Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone
- Potential remains for Vietnam, Qatar to enhance ties: officials
- Vietnam, Qatar mutually waive visas for diplomatic, official passport holders
- Govt. softens stand on foreign funded trips by officials
- Ho Chi Minh City’s foreign enclaves settle into 'new normal'
- Thanh Ha Pottery Village: Cultural heritage along Thu Bon River in central Vietnam
- S.Korea continues refusing guest workers from Vietnam’s Thanh Hoa due to visa overstays
- Pelosi lauds Taiwan, says China’s fury cannot stop visits by world leaders
- Pelosi full of praise, support for Taiwan during visit that infuriated China
Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son pays official visit to Austria have 635 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.