The editors of the magazine honoured Citi for its strong corporate banking focus in Vietnam.
" Citi is considered the main bank of choice for top-tier local companies, financial institutions, and the largest multinational companies in Vietnam in search of global reach and local expertise. For instance, the bank has long served the Fortune 500 companies that have made the biggest foreign direct investment in Vietnam and has facilitated annual international trade flows of more than $90 billion in Vietnam," Asiamoney noted.
On the corporate side, the publication recognised the bank's innovative cross-country financial solutions for its clients.
One example is Citi's role as the sole lead arranger and lender on a $200 million six-year, fixed-rate, dual-tranche secured amortising loan for Bitel – a subsidiary of the leading Viettel Group in Peru.
This landmark transaction showcased the breadth of Citi's capabilities required to execute the deal, including a local presence and full banking capabilities across Peru, the US, and Vietnam.
|Citi's corporate loan book in Vietnam grew 36 per cent last year and is on track to increase further this year.|
Citi's corporate loan book in Vietnam grew 36 per cent last year and is on track to increase further this year.
Commenting on this prestigious award, Citi Vietnam's country officer Ramachandran A.S. said, "We are honoured to receive this recognition. We are investing and growing across institutional businesses in the region including Vietnam. Our strategic initiatives have progressed very well. The strategy is based on a better business mix where we can realise synergies across our core interconnected businesses and do what's needed to grow with our clients."
The award also highlighted Citi's approach to ESG. The bank has closed the first ever carbon offset project in Vietnam with a manufacturer of cookstoves and water purifiers.
Citi is sourcing carbon credits from this project in Vietnam to distribute to companies and investors around the world who need to buy carbon credits.
"I am proud that Vietnam is home to the first carbon offset project that Citi launched. Citi will expand its business of trading carbon offsets and green financing in Vietnam. We will continue to explore new ways for Citi to support Vietnam in the areas of foreign direct and indirect investment, digital transformation, and ESG," said Ramachandran A.S.
By Anh Duc
- Telkomsel named The Best Company to Work For in Asia 2021
- SCIC to hold 31.08 per cent of charter capital of Vietnam Airlines
- Citi Malaysia bags multiple banking awards
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 24
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 13
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 20
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 25
- Shinhan Life Vietnam supports COVID-19 fight
- Banks readjusting focus with subsidiary divestments
- ADB bullish on Vietnam's economic growth despite COVID-19 slowdown
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 21
- More bank support given to businesses affected by COVID-19
- Innovation name of the game in Vietnam’s digital ambitions
- Creating credit mechanism essential for banks to support the aviation industry
- Stronger private sector - a key to economic transformation in Vietnam
- Sacombank organises 2 blood donation drives for Vietnam Young Entrepreneurs Association initiative
- Bank borrowers benefit from new debt extension policy
- Citi spurs cross-border payments through digitalisation efforts
- Developing digital government in Vietnam to better serve people
Citi named Vietnam’s Best Corporate Bank 2022 by Asiamoney have 537 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.