The foreign ministry said Vietnam was currently cooperating with Cambodian authorities to bring the Vietnamese citizens back home as soon as possible, and to check if there were any any other Vietnamese national left at the facility.
Nguyen Thanh Ngoc, Chairman of the Tay Ninh People’s Committee, had said Saturday that 56 Vietnamese people working in a casino in Bavet Town, Svay Rieng Province, had fled towards the main road leading to the Moc Bai border gate, citing working conditions.
Cambodian police have held this group back for an investigation, Ngoc said.
A minute-long video recorded by local people shows the group fleeing from the casino when it was raining heavily. The video shows many people in black uniforms chasing after them. When some of the people fleeing fell, the people in black uniforms captured them, beating them as they did so.
The escape was the second major attempt by Vietnamese workers in Cambodia that has come to light in recent weeks.
On August 18, 40 Vietnamese swam across the Binh Di River to escape from the Phoenix casino in Cambodia to Vietnam’s An Giang Province.
One of two other people who had also attempted to escape – a teenage boy – drowned in the river, while another was captured by the casino people.
The Vietnamese said they were held at the casino against their will and subjected to torture.
In the first half of this year, the Ministry of Public Security has busted several rings smuggling people to Cambodia for illegal work.
Authorities have also rescued hundreds of Vietnamese citizens and supported thousands of others in Cambodia with procedures to return home.
- Infrastructure Asia chief outlines Cambodia's smart city ambitions
- Final four M'sian victims of Cambodia job scam brought home
- Atlantic City 2021 casino earns surpass pre-pandemic levels
- US court sentences man to 11 years for sexually abusing boys in Vietnam
- Las Vegas police officer indicted in 3 casino robberies could get life
- Vietnamese films lag behind Hollywood blockbusters at box office
- US-Vietnamese law enforcement cooperation leads to child sex tourism conviction in San Francisco
- SEA Games 31’s official MV, Let’s shine to be released tonight
- Fact check: Is Labor's Susan Lamb a UK citizen?
- PM requests to inoculate kids aged 5-11 against Covid-19 in second quarter
- How 9/11 Made ‘The Avengers’ The Ultimate Breakout Sequel
- US man gets 11-year imprisonment for child sexual abuse in Vietnam
- America's casinos off to their fastest 2-month start ever
- SEA Games MV released
- American ex-teacher convicted of child sexual abuse against Vietnamese boys in HCMC
- Eleven Charged In U.S. Green Card Scheme After Allegedly Arranging ‘Sham Marriages’ For 400 Non-Citizens | The Daily Wire
- Sabka Vikas Mahaquiz: Govt launches quiz contest to promote citizen awareness on schemes and initiatives
- 11 California residents charged with arranging sham marriages for green cards
- Represent Moorpark On The Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee
- Trans Day of Visibility: Gender neutral passports will be available to U.S. citizens beginning April 11
Cambodia casino releases 11 Vietnamese citizens have 467 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.