The victims are from 16 cities and provinces. Ben Tre Province ranked first with 12 cases, followed by Kien Giang with five and Gia Lai with four.
As many as 40 people in Vietnam have been killed by rabies since the start of this year
According to the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control, between 2015 and 2021, Hanoi recorded 16 deaths caused by rabies in total. So far this year, the city has seen one rabies death. All of the cases were not vaccinated against rabies after being attacked by dogs.
Hanoi's total cost for rabies treatment is some VND20 billion (USD862,068).
People are advised to timely wash their injuries caused by dogs or cats with soap and clean water. They then should go to rabies vaccination facilities immediately, instead of getting self-treatment at home.
- Suspect Charged In Death Of 2-Year-Old Havre de Grace Girl
- Suspected murderer, 27, dies in prison while facing trial for stabbing 'treasured' 34-year-old mother-of-six to death on New Year's Eve
- Wigston killing: Four men arrested on suspicion of murder after death of 66-year-old man following burglary
- How auto crash left 34-year-old lady on valley of death for 6 years
- Trump drug policy director touts first decline in overdose-related deaths in 30 years
- Air pollution costs Vietnam at least $10.8 billion each year
- Air pollution costs Vietnam at least 10.8 billion USD each year
- America Ends Longtime Arms Embargo Against Vietnam
- 70th anniversary of Vietnam-Russia diplomatic ties marked
- Warmer temperatures linked to increase in US injury deaths, study says
- Colorado better than national average on workplace deaths
- The Death of a Child: Understanding the Grief Facing Charlie Gard's Parents
- Roadway deaths drop in Utah for 2nd-straight year
- Two Horse Deaths In Two Days At Santa Anita, Death Toll Now 41 Since December 2018
- UK may face an opioid addiction crisis like the US within FIVE YEARS, expert warns as pharmacies are caught handing out addictive painkillers without prescriptions
- Girl, 13, dies from the flu days before her 14th birthday and an unvaccinated four-year-old goes blind during one of the worst virus seasons for decades that's killed 32 children
- A student was too poor to buy enough food. Her death has raised poverty concerns in China
- The knife criminals who are left free to kill: Shocking new statistics reveal HALF of all suspects charged over stabbing deaths in London have already been before the courts for a weapons offence
- Gay civil rights leader may finally be pardoned 67 years after he was arrested for having sex with men
- New Hampshire Father Chokes 'Rabid' Coyote to Death After It Attacked His 2-Year-Old Son: 'There Wasn't Much of a Choice'
40 deaths by rabies in Vietnam this year have 427 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.