Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung, as assigned by Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, and U.N. Resident Coordinator in Vietnam Pauline Tamesis, signed the document.
The Strategic Framework for Sustainable Development Cooperation 2022 – 2026 guides and steers the Government of Vietnam and the U.N.'s collaboration on accelerating progress to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It highlights the joint commitment to deliver sustainable development for all.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Dung said that the CF will be implemented at a time when Vietnam has strengthened its post-pandemic economic recovery, responded to climate change and transitioned to a green, circular economy. The Government has also been making efforts to improve institutions and policies in order to mobilize resources from all economic sectors to develop the country.
"Together with other development partners, the U.N. plays an important role in supporting Vietnam in its development, integration and strong participation in global development through policy advice to the Government, sharing Vietnam's experience with developing countries and introducing international experience to ensure a sustainable, green growth economy that balances economic and social development," he said.
The U.N. official affirmed that the principle of leaving no one behind runs through the CF as the fundamental commitment of the U.N. in Vietnam.
"Ensuring that no one is left behind requires a broad, whole-of-government and whole-of-society approach," she said.
The Government of Vietnam has together with the United Nations outlined four key development outcomes, namely inclusive social development, climate change response, disaster resilience and environmental sustainability, shared prosperity through economic transformation and governance, and access to justice.
Of which, inclusive social development concentrates on inclusive, gender responsive, disability sensitive, equitable, affordable and quality social services and social protection, with the aim of helping people in Vietnam escape from poverty in all its dimensions and empowering people to reach their full potential.
- Expert: Businesses need better awareness of sustainable development
- EU-funded project to sustainably develop clam, bamboo value chains
- Nghi Son complex targets sustainable development
- Vietnam plays strategic role in Climate Vulnerable Forum: Marshall Islands president
- Oman, India sign deal on enhancing maritime cooperation
- Schneider Electric IT and Hai Nam sign strategic partnership
- Top 10 scientific-technological events in Vietnam in 2019
- Vietnam’s diplomatic achievements in 2019
- Vietnam, Laos hold sixth ministerial consultation
- Vietnam’s diplomacy achievements in 2019
- Russia to Join U.S.-China South China Sea Faceoff After Vietnam Pact
- 2020 the opportunity for a proactive Vietnam: expert
- Lao PM visits, co-chairs inter-governmental committee meeting in Vietnam
- ASEAN to move forward under Vietnam’s chairmanship
- Economic milestones of Vietnam in 2019
- Top leader’s message on Vietnam’s assumption of ASEAN, UNSC positions
- The basis for human rights in Vietnam is to maintain a peaceful and stable environment
- Vietnam, RoK enhance youth exchange
- Top 10 economic events of Vietnam in 2019
- FE CREDIT sees sustainable growth in Q3 across all products and segments
Vietnam, U.N. sign strategic framework for sustainable development cooperation have 473 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 11, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.