Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Health has asked localities nationwide to monitor foreign arrivals from countries with monkeypox as an early response after infections were spotted in the region.
Thailand, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, China and Japan are some of the countries where monkeypox has been detected.
Per the latest decision, foreign arrivals from countries with monkeypox will have their body temperatures checked and be subject to other monitoring measures. Those suspected to be infected with the condition will be isolated and have their biological samples taken for testing.
The ministry is yet to issue specific instructions on how foreign entrants from countries with monkeypox should be monitored, or when exactly these measures are to be applied. Vietnam has not recorded any monkeypox cases so far.
Last week, Ho Chi Minh City proposed that foreign arrivals are asked to complete medical declarations at the border as one of the anti- monkeypox measures.
Besides screening measures at the border, the ministry has also requested monitoring at different health facilities and added vigilance at certain events in the community.
As of July 30, the World Health Organisation (WHO) had recorded over 21,000 monkeypox cases in 78 countries and territories. Seven people have died. Typical symptoms of the disease include fever, headache, muscle pain, skin lesions and rashes. It is transmitted through contact with bodily fluids or lesion material./.
- Kim Jong-un Arrives in Vietnam, for a Visit About More Than Trump
- Vietnam's history holds lessons for Trump and Kim ahead of summit, PM says
- Kim Jong Un arrives in Vietnam to a red carpet welcome ahead of summit
- U.S. Envoy Arrives in North Korea to Prepare for 2nd Trump-Kim Summit
- Vietnam greets Trump and Kim Jong Un with flowers, giant portraits and press at arm’s length
- After Unpredictable Trump Meeting, Kim Returns to Scripted Form in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Empty Forests
- Rights groups take aim at Vietnam's new internet laws
- Trump arrives in Vietnam ahead of summit with Kim
- In Vietnam, Trump and Kim Jong Un find symbolism, history — and a shared goal of keeping the press at arm’s length
- (4th Ld) Kim departs Vietnam after fruitless summit with Trump
- British-funded dengue forecasting system in Vietnam aims to curb mosquito-borne virus
- Kim Jong-un’s Symbolic Vietnam Visit Is About More Than Trump
- Kim Jong-un’s ‘Butler’ Visits Vietnam to Prepare for Trump Meeting
- Kim Jong-un Takes Train for Vietnam Meeting With Trump, Tass Says
- Kim Jong-un Takes Train for Vietnam Meeting With Trump
- Kim Jong Un leaves on train for Vietnam summit
- North Korean leader heads to highly-anticipated Trump summit in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Through the Eyes of Artists
- Trump arrives in Hanoi for summit with Kim Jong Un — live updates
Vietnam monitors arrivals from countries with monkeypox have 435 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.