Vietnam has recorded new Omicron sub-variants including the fast-spreading BA.2.75, which explains the recent resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the country, according to the Ministry of Health.
The General Department of Preventive Medicine under the Ministry of Health has sent an urgent document to health departments in provinces and cities regarding the enhancement of COVID-19 prevention and control efforts.
The number of cases has been rebounding in Vietnam and across the world, the department stated.
An average daily count of 2,000 new cases have been logged in the Southeast Asian country over the past weeks.
Vietnam has documented the appearance of the new Omicron sub-variants with the ability to spread rapidly.
Aside from the BA.4, BA.5, and BA.2.12.1 sub-variants that were previously detected, the country recently recorded the BA.2.75 sub-lineage, which is considered to be more transmissible than the others.
In early July, many countries around the world reported the BA.2.75 sub-variant, with experts stating that it has multiple mutations, helping it evade immunity and easily penetrate human cells.
The General Department of Preventive Medicine asked the health departments in provinces and cities to provide constant updates on the number of new COVID-19 cases to facilitate the assessment and forecast of the pandemic situation.
Local health departments were also requested to take necessary measures to provide early detection and treatment for patients and minimize hospitalizations and mortalities.
Vietnam has documented 11,367,479 COVID-19 cases, with 10,029,826 recoveries and 43,098 deaths, since the pandemic first hit the country in early 2020, according to the Ministry of Health.
- HIV/AIDS Fast Facts
- Review: Vietnam Bread & Roll's bahn mi were tasty, but sluggish service slowed our roll
- Review: Vietnam Bread & Roll's banh mi were tasty, but sluggish service slowed our roll
- Despite being exposed, fake news thrives on social media ahead of India polls
- Natera Inc (NTRA) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Justice Denied
- Bite into savings and freebies Saturday for National Sandwich Day
- NanoString Technologies Inc (NSTG) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- All-American Killer: How the AR-15 Became Mass Shooters' Weapon of Choice
- Airline seat size: Will FAA bring relief to squeezed flyers?
- Full text of Trump's State of the Union address
- Can This Waxing Franchise Become the ‘Starbucks’ of Hair Removal?
- Review: Vietnamese sandwich shop offerings are tasty, but sluggish service slowed our roll
- The Fifty-First State?
- New year, new weapons: Are China's latest science fiction or battle ready?
- State of the Union 2019: Read the full transcript
- BlackBerry (BB) Q4 2019 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Tesla Got an Early Lead, but Luxury Electric Rivals Are Racing to Catch Up
- The Roots of Muslim Rage
- Britain bans Boeing 737 Max 8 jets from flying in its airspace
Vietnam detects fast-spreading BA.2.75 Omicron sub-variant have 439 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.