He also suggested the government consider simplifying immigration procedures to attract foreign tourists as Vietnam reopened after over two years of border closure, he said in a report submitted to the National Assembly Standing Committee on Tuesday.
Hung also proposed extending tax cuts to tourism businesses until the end of 2023 to help them recover after the pandemic crisis.
Though Vietnam reopened tourism and lifted most Covid restrictions, Hung said travel firms and those working in the tourism industry are grappling with difficulties and have not really benefited directly from current policies.
The country welcomed 954,000 foreign arrivals in the first seven months this year, up nine times year-on-year.
This year, Vietnam targets five million foreign tourists, around 30 percent of pre-pandemic levels.
The government has allowed quarantine-free entry and resumed its pre-pandemic visa exemption policy for 24 tourism markets including Western European countries from mid-March with a maximum stay of 15 days.
- Moon proposes conditional exemptions to entry bans in G-20 summit
- February figures display coronavirus impacts on Vietnam tourism
- Vietnam counts Q1 tourism damage inflicted by Covid-19
- Is it safe to travel to Poland? Latest advice as 26 cases of COVID-19 are confirmed including army general
- 'Make your way home': Prime Minister Scott Morrison – who was behind Australia’s famous tourism campaign 'where the bloody hell are you?' - orders tourists to get out of the country amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Backpackers allowed to extend stays in Australia during coronavirus pandemic, temporary visa holders to get access to super
- Cambodian government offers financial support for tourism sector
- Healthcare quality is missed in the entire process of medical tourism due to middlemen: Partha Mishra
- WA authorities urge backpackers to 'go home' before coronavirus travel lockdown
- The ambassadors within nation’s tourism industry
- Jayson Westbury answers your travel questions
- Coronavirus in Spain: From tourism hotspot to contagion hotbed
- COVID-19 — a make-it or break-it moment for the European Union
- Tourism agencies win praise for evacuation of foreigners
- Austria is capital of radical racism, says Turkish foreign minister
- Brits travelling in Europe will continue to get free or cut-priced healthcare under Brexit plans unveiled by David Davis
- Coronavirus latest: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive
- There was no leniency in screening for foreign travellers, 'prosperous Indians', says Centre
- COVID-19: 4000 foreign tourists stuck in India following visa suspension
- Coronavirus update: Australian cases rise above 30 as expert warns more are 'inevitable', travel advisory to Italy issued
Tourism minister proposes visa exemption for US, European travelers have 380 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.