“Quang Hai will gradually get better. He came all the way from Vietnam and his family is not here. He also cannot speak French or English, so everything was quite challenging. But Hai is a warrior. He has good skills with agility so I think he will quickly find an important position in the squad,” Laporte-Fray told French newspaper La Republique des Pyrenees on Thursday.
Hai's debut in France's second division Ligue 2 was not complete as Pau FC lost 0-4 to Guingamp. Hai played the last 30 minutes of the game and although he couldn't make a difference, he was still the second highest-rated player of Pau FC in that game, with 13 touches, a pass accuracy of 100 percent and two chances from set pieces.
Hai signed a two-year contract with Pau FC on June 30, becoming the first Vietnamese player to play in a professional football league in France. Pau FC have been supportive of the 25-year-old midfielder to adapt to a new environment. Currently, he is being assisted by a French interpreter to communicate with the team.
- Vietnam star midfielder nets historic AFC Cup free kick
- V. League 1 Golden Ball gets the boot
- Real Madrid set to launch new Paul Pogba transfer approach with Zidane ‘annoyed’ at failure to land Man Utd star
- Coronavirus: Hughton welcomes Premier League return and pressures of 'mini-tournament'
- Coronavirus: Premier League chief accepts some games may be at neutral venues
- Teams: See your club’s final line-up for Round 2, 2020
- Angel Gomes: Why youngster left Manchester United, and the other rising stars at Old Trafford
- Man Utd set to make £45m transfer move for Arsenal flop Ismael Bennacer with AC Milan star also eyed by City
- Ngoc Hoa, a volleyball pioneer of Vietnam
- Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes showing up likes of De Bruyne and Salah with most goals and assists since joining
- Marseille return tempts Lemina as Payet commits to Ligue 1 club
- Jose Mourinho claims he would not swap Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes for Tottenham’s Giovani Lo Celso in transfer
- AFC website features return of V.League 1 season
- Star striker’s goal fails to help Ho Chi Minh City FC level in V-League home game
- Charlie's Premier League predictions: Palace and Man Utd tipped for wins
- Man Utd ‘make tying Paul Pogba to new contract their No1 priority’ with EIGHT first-team stars going into final year
- Liverpool Boss Klopp Could Be Eyeing Transfer From Reds to Bayern Munich, Ex-Manchester Star Says
- Henderson and De Bruyne among Premier League stars raffling shirts for charity
- Value of Vietnam’s football squad surges to $4mn amid COVID-19: Transfermarkt
- Ligue 1 preview: Peerless PSG on verge of another French title
French club president compliments Vietnam star midfielder after league debut have 429 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.