Minh, 62, is also the founder and chairman of property developer Him Lam. His appointment came three days after the airline named a new chairman .
Minh will be key to the restructuring of Bamboo Airways' management and expansion, Chairman Nguyen Ngoc Trong said.
Sacombank was one of the top lenders to Bamboo Airways and its parent company, FLC Group. Hundreds of millions of airline shares were used as collateral for loans at the bank under the reign of ex-chairman Trinh Van Quyet, who was arrested for allegedly manipulating the stock market .
As of June 30, the group and its subsidiaries had finished paying off their VND1.8 trillion ($76.9 million) debt to Sacombank, according to FLC's financial statements.
Bamboo Airways currently operates nearly 170 flights a day on 40 domestic and 12 international routes.
The carrier plans to continue launching new international services to tourism markets in Asia, Europe and Australia.
It also plans to increase its fleet to 35 by the end of this year and triple its fleet size to 100 aircraft by 2028.
- AutoNation's four top execs leave amid restructuring, bleak outlook
- Jared Kushner says he has 'no fear' about sending his kids back to school amid COVID-19 pandemic, saying children 'have a six times higher chance of dying from the flu'
- Are 'Cuomo Chips' the New 'Raines Sandwich' for Bars Struggling to Survive?
- British Airways admits job cuts will happen as it axes flights along with Virgin Atlantic, Ryanair, EasyJet and Tui while ministers hint they could give airlines multi-billion pound bailout amid coronavirus shutdown
- Suddenly, New York’s Rich Are Obsessed With Importing Pandas
- Trump gives the floor to his new anti-lockdown medical adviser Dr. Scott Atlas - who says coronavirus is LESS risky than flu for kids
- Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says Covid restrictions are driving down new infections: Expert warns Britain risks a second national lockdown if it sees a rise in cases like Spain
- Britons shun foreign holidays amid quarantine chaos with cost of Greece and Turkey trips plunging by 30% to as low as £300 as more nations face being put on UK's isolation list
- Ellen DeGeneres' former foe Howard Stern advises her to 'just be a pr**k' amid claims she 'fostered toxic work environment behind the scenes'
- 'She has no right to wreck our history': Former NYT reporter in xenophobic Twitter meltdown at 'foreigner' Melania's new White House garden - but then claims his 'complex point' has been 'misunderstood'
- New math option helped govt school students score better in CBSE class 10 boards
- Universities should not conduct exams amid pandemic, online tests ‘discriminatory’, says Kapil Sibal
- New experimental coronavirus vaccine prevented severe disease in mice after two doses of the jab boosted their antibody levels 90-fold
- Aviation traditions crumble as airlines take on new restructuring approaches
- The new Black Monday: Coronavirus chaos sees FTSE 100 close 7.7% down at 5966 points - its lowest in four years after £125 billion is wiped off shares in biggest daily drop since 2008 crash
- Amid wildlife ban, Guangxi keeps breeders from poverty
- GoAir gets new CEO; Kaushik Khona to replace Vinay Dube
- SAG-AFTRA’s Unite For Strength Party Calls For Unity Amid Growing Opposition To Restructuring Of Health Plan
- Australia turns on The Project: Viewers call for the current affairs show to be AXED as Channel 10 sacks Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Natarsha Belling and Tim Bailey amid brutal budget cuts
- Victoria staff up in arms over controversial plan to restructure university
Bamboo Airways names new senior advisor amid restructuring have 544 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.