In his remarks, VNSC General Director Assoc. Prof., Dr. Pham Anh Tuan said the Government in February 2021 announced a strategy for the development and application of aerospace science and technology by 2030, aiming to utilize achievements in the fields to address defense and security issues, strengthen management of environment and natural resources, monitor natural disasters and minimize their impacts, and provide related services for people.
This seminar forms part of the efforts to translate the strategy into reality, according to Tuan.
Studies jointly conducted by the VNSC, the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) found that developing small satellites will work the best for Vietnam, and it is also a trend as many countries worldwide are leveraging constellations of satellites in Earth observation activities, he noted.
Japanese experts said Vietnam has an advantageous position to expand the use of new satellite technologies to ASEAN and Asia-Pacific. The combination of Vietnam's ground infrastructure and satellites and Japan's technologies and services is critical to open more opportunities for the use of satellite data for both sides, they said.
They also held that multi-layered capacity building programs, which encourage the participation of the private sector in aerospace, can help Vietnam make big steps in automation and enable more sectors to reap benefits from satellite data.
- Vietnam, US cooperate in satellite observation
- US, Vietnam in tie up for satellite observation
- US, Việt Nam in tie up for satellite observation
- SpaceX pushes back its fifth launch of Starlink satellites to Sunday due to poor weather in Florida
- ISRO to launch an unprecedented 10 earth imaging satellites
- New satellite made from CORK could help smaller spacecraft re-enter Earth’s atmosphere intact by directing heat toward parts of the hull designed to burn up and flake away
- Last mile connectivity: Private players should be encouraged to use satcom, says BIF
- Vietnam adopts measures for COVID-19 prevention
- ET View: Now, build the capability to scavenge space debris
- Building positive business values to integrate globally
- Aeolus: Wind satellite weathers technical storm
- SpaceX wins FCC approval to put over 7,000 satellites in orbit
- Trump's NASA looks good for human space exploration and terrible for Earth science
- Anak Krakatau volcano: Satellites get clear view of collapse
- Elon Musk: Here are SpaceX's first 60 Starlink internet-beaming satellites
- Russian crowdfunded reflector satellite aims to be “brightest star in the sky”
- Alien hunters are searching for signatures emitted from ‘interstellar beacons’ setup by an advanced civilization using a system that stems from the Very Large Array Telescope in New Mexico
- Best internet providers in 2020: How to choose cable vs. DSL vs. satellite and more
- Shocking satellite images reveal that 20 per cent of snow cover on an Antarctic island MELTED in just 10 days during record-breaking temperatures of more than 68°F earlier this month
- SpaceX: Elon Musk's firm launches satellites for global web service
Vietnam to use small satellites to build capacity in Earth observation have 462 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.