It was reported at the meeting that 47 out of the total 80 sub-items in the joint initiative have been well implemented as scheduled so far, 15 are underway, six make no progress, and work will start on 12 others in the time ahead.
Do Nhat Hoang, head of the Foreign Investment Agency under the MPI, said Vietnamese ministries and agencies have coordinated with the Japanese side to implement commitments in the action plan of the initiative.
Vietnam's commitment to materialising the joint initiative manifests the government's resolve to improve the domestic investment environment, he said.
Many legal documents have been amended and adopted within the framework of the initiative, he noted, adding that Vietnamese ministries and agencies have also taken into consideration many recommendations of Japan during the consolidation process of fine-tuning laws and policies, as well as law enforcement.
Envoy Okabe Daisuke from the Japanese Embassy emphasised that the two sides will continue their coordination and implementation of commitments in the action plan to make the eighth phase a success, contributing to improving the Vietnamese business environment, for the development and prosperity of both Vietnamese and Japanese business communities.
The Vietnam-Japan Joint Initiative was launched in April 2003 as a special cooperation mechanism between the Vietnamese and Japanese Governments.
It serves as a policy dialogue forum between Japanese investors and relevant Vietnamese ministries and agencies, where proposals are made to help competent Vietnamese agencies fine-tune laws and policies.
Over the past 19 years, the initiative has helped create an open and transparent business and investment environment in Vietnam.
The eighth phase of the initiatives focuses on 11 groups of issues, including the publication and application of case law/civil judgment enforcement/competition regime; the Law on Investment and the Law on Enterprises; improvement of the working environment; promoting infrastructure investment in the form of public-private partnership (PPP); reform of state-owned enterprises and stock market; method of implementing specific measures to create the best electricity structure in Vietnam; and efforts to improve laws and regulations related to natural gas pipeline construction and promote import of liquefied natural gas.
They also cover land-related issues; the supporting industry; activities of the Vietnam National Innovation Center (NIC) and innovation activities in localities and businesses; and highly skilled human resources development.
Because the global economy was seriously affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, especially disruptions in supply chains, Vietnam and Japan agreed to add three new groups of issues: development of the supporting industry, innovation and development of highly skilled human resources.
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 21 (updated hourly)
- WHO chief says he 'regrets' Donald Trump's decision to suspend funding but reveals WHO's handling of Covid-19 will be reviewed after the pandemic
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 16
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 17
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 20
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 24
- Bill Gates says Donald Trump is 'dangerous' for cutting $500million in funding to the WHO because the world 'needs them now more than ever' to stop the pandemic
- UK will NOT follow Donald Trump by freezing its £200million-a-year funding for World Health Organisation after US president accused it of ‘accelerating pandemic’ by opposing his China travel ban
- Three coronavirus whistle-blowers remain missing two months after exposing the true scale of the outbreak from Wuhan
- Donald Trump's CDC director contradicts him over WHO funding 'freeze' saying body' STILL is a great partner' and 'we're continuing to work side by side'
- Beijing says the WHO has found no evidence coronavirus was man-made as it fends off accusations it was created in a Chinese lab
- Coronavirus vaccine trial in humans gets underway in UK and 'could be ready by end of the year' – despite WHO and Oxford specialists warning there's no guarantee we will ever get one
- 'There is no secret in WHO': Tedros hits back at Donald Trump and insists 'nothing is hidden from US' over accusations organisation colluded with China to downplay coronavirus
- 'The WHO lied and people died!' Anger at star-studded benefit to raise $150M for group and its under-fire chief who Lady Gaga called a 'superstar' despite claims organization was complicit in Chinese coronavirus cover-up
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders hold video summit over economic woes
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details
- Coronavirus and Sport: What happened in March 2020?
Vietnam, Japan review joint initiative have 713 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.