According to Acting Director of the provincial Department of Industry and Trade Dang Van Tuan, foreign-invested enterprises accounted for 80% of the province's total export turnover.
The province has so far attracted 326 projects with a total registered investment capital of VND 82.4 trillion (USD 3.5 billion), including 129 foreign-invested ones worth a combined USD 2.73 billion.
Tuan attributed the export growth to attractive investment policies and timely assistance to enterprises along with the diversification of export markets.
Local businesses have been also encouraged to expand exports to countries that are part of free trade agreements which Vietnam is a member of, he said, adding that the province will continue to strengthen trade promotion and facilitate the export of key agricultural products with competitive advantages such as rice, processed seafood and specialty fruits.
Tuan also said that the province has set the target of an average export growth rate of 7-8% per year for agricultural products in the 2021-2030 period.
- Tien Giang striving to develop sustainable offshore fishing: official
- Tien Giang province expands organic rice cultivation
- Bac Giang keen on cooperating with Italia in agricultural production, processing
- Vietnam's trade turnover exceeds US$100 billion in two months
- Shrimp exports in 2022 expected to exceed US$4 billion
- Vietnam's seafood exports surge 51% to US$1.5 billion in 2 months
- Bac Giang eyes annual 10 – 11 percent growth in service industry
- Shrimp exports to fetch over 4 billion USD this year
- Export-import turnover up 13 percent in first two months
- Export-import turnover up 13 per cent in first two months
- $50 billion: new annual target for Vietnam’s farm produce
- Vietnam facing technical barriers to trade on its way of economic recovery
- Mekong Delta gradually removes bottlenecks for sustainable development
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 27
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 5
- 1.4 million tons of ‘super food’ sells for only VND3,000 per kilo
- Exciting escalation in production and trade activities
- Vietnam’s int’l trade plagued by Russia-Ukraine conflict
- Rising tra fish prices a cause for concern
Tien Giang’s export turnover up 18.5% in H1 have 307 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.