Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam reaped significant socio-economic achievements in the first half of this year despite global uncertainties and domestic difficulties, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh told an online conference between the Government and localities, and a regular Cabinet meeting on July 4.
He pointed out that the world situation developed complicatedly over the past time with strategic competitiveness, the conflict in Ukraine, soaring fuel prices, escalating inflation in many countries, and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, among others.
The pressure of high inflation, surging commodity prices and disrupted supply chains could be felt in Vietnam, the PM continued.
However, under the sound leadership of the Party led by General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, and with the support of the National Assembly and the drastic management of the Government, engagement of ministries, agencies, localities, people and businesses, and the support of international friends, Vietnam has brought the pandemic under control and ensured macro-economic stability and major economic balances.
The country has also worked to safeguard its independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity; maintain social security, order and safety; intensify external relations; step up administrative reform and anti-corruption; and improve people's living standards, Chinh said.
The leader also spoke of the scarcity of drugs and medical equipment at home, and problems relating to the disbursement of public investments and the implementation of national target programmes .
The participants are scheduled to look into the country's socio-economic development in June and the first six months, and major tasks and solutions in the time ahead.
They will review the implementation of the socio-economic recovery and development programme, the disbursement of public investments, and the implementation of key national transport projects and the national target programmes./.
- Osinbajo urges executors of SIP to ensure activities change Nigeria’s socio-economic situation
- NA deputies discuss socio-economic development in ethnic minority regions
- FIR issue to figure in Cabinet meet: KSE
- PM Narendra Modi to chair Union Cabinet meet today; farmers’ relief package, Cyclone Amphan to be discussed
- Federal cabinet meeting to be presided by PM Imran tomorrow
- HCM City uses fanpages to update socio-economic information
- Property tax hike issue to betaken up in Cabinet meeting
- U.S. government cuts off early look at economic data for news media
- COVID-19: Osinbajo constitutes committee on reopening of economy after NEC meeting
- Economic package 'cruel joke on country': Sonia Gandhi at opposition meet
- PM asks Quảng Ninh to develop tourism as spearhead economic sector
- FM to meet PSU bank chiefs on Friday, to review credit flow
- Economic relief stressed to mitigate virus impact
- Australia, New Zealand ‘travel bubble’: What new model may look like
- PM chairs meeting on development of key EZs
- Trump hosts Cabinet as his bid to install loyalists continues
- ‘Wishful Thinking’: US Slams China’s Security Laws in Hopes of Saving Own Economic Standing
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak raises spectre of recession 'the likes of which we have not seen' as he warns over long-term economic 'scarring' from coronavirus - and hints self-employed bailout will end in June
- Japan's economic conditions likely to stay tough in current quarter, finance minister says
- Trump Ordering Agencies to Cut Any Regulations That Impede Economic Recovery
Cabinet meeting looks into socio-economic situation have 521 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.