Present at the opening ceremony was Major General Ho Van Thai, Political Commissar of MR9, and Senior Colonel Nguyen Binh Phuong, Editor-in-Chief of the Military Arts and Letters Magazine.
In his speech, General Thai underlined that MR9 is stationed in 12 provinces and cities in the Mekong River Delta, playing a strategic role in defense and security. In the national resistance wars against foreign invaders and Southwestern border protection war, local people and armed forces made a number of glorious victories. They were awarded with many noble orders and titles by the Party and State.
General Thai held that the camp should be considered an opportunity for writers and poets inside and outside the military to exchange valuable experience and realistic topics, whereby they will apply the Party's guidelines on culture and arts to their writings, as well as to learn more about history and people in the country's western region and MR9's armed forces.
Reportedly, the camp will run till June 29 with the participation of 25 writers and poets across the country.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Britain on terror alert: Special forces on the streets of London as experts warn ISIS is using the PlayStation 4 network to recruit and plan attacks because it's 'more secure than WhatsApp'
- Terry Christian blasts BBC for 'fetishising' World War Two before Laurence Fox hits back saying his grandfather took shrapnel in the neck fighting for freedom
- Jihadi bride Shamima Begum will face arrest for terror offences when she returns to UK to fight for her citizenship as she's pictured in Western-style jeans, shirt and a sun hat in Syrian refugee camp after bombshell High Court victory
- Diplomatic Dramas: Assange 'Siege' Joins the List of Crises Involving Embassies
- Opinion: May peace prevail over war, either cold or hot
- Commentary: May peace prevail over war, either cold or hot
- The constitution of the socialist republic of Viet Nam
- Opinion: In wake of Navalny attack, what will become of German-Russian relations?
- Sudan, rebel alliance reach deal in ongoing peace efforts
- Ethiopia After the Revolution: Vultures Return to the Land of Sheba
- Brecht’s Mercenary Mother Courage Turns 75
- Operation Condor: the illegal state network that terrorised South America
- The last Nazi hunters
- History: How Hitler pioneered ‘Fake News’
- Pence hits Biden and makes case for Trump on third night of RNC
- Colombia’s Drug-Funded Rebels Are Back in Action Big-Time
- Timeline: Israel, UAE 'normalisation' moves follow years of failed peace initiatives
- US cables: Colombia’s ex-president suspected of militia ties
- ISIS Beatles WILL be tried in US over beheading of British and American captives in Syria after Supreme Court ends block on UK sharing vital evidence with America
- Lebanon’s powerhouse Hezbollah hit by backlash after blast
Writers and poets join composition camp on armed forces and revolutionary war have 438 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 18, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.