Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The economic recovery across the South-East Asian region has been uneven and must now contend with rising external headwinds from outside the region.
Vietnam is predicted with a high growth prospect in the region, at more than 6.5% in 2022, 0.7% higher than the average growth of 5.8% for the whole region.
This was a key finding from the Economic Forecast presented by the experts at the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Economic Insight Forum Q2.
Vietnam was able to bounce back relatively quickly in 2021 compared to the rest of the region. With the easing of restrictions from last year's Q4 that carried over to this year's Q1, there has been a significant recovery in its services sector driven by domestic tourism.
With the current endemic phase, there should be a boost on the international tourism front as travellers return to Vietnam. Realised foreign direct investments inflow this year should also support construction performance and labour and achieve export capacity, which remains healthy.
The ICAEW report said that even though recovery across the Southeast Asian region had been uneven with the Delta COVID variant, GDP for Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam has risen back to pre-pandemic levels – except for Thailand, which is still at 2% below pre-pandemic levels as its tourism industry struggled with travel and mobility restrictions.
It was noted that Vietnam was not particularly affected by the Delta variant wave and hence did not experience large lockdowns that impacted its economy as much as Malaysia and the Philippines did.
On the other hand, Singapore was able to take advantage of the increase in demand for consumer electronics globally to increase its GDP growth by 7.6% last year./.
- Breast Pumps Market to Reach $829 Million, Globally, by 2022
- CN sets strategic agenda focused on growth and technology
- Vietnam Sees Its Future in 5G
- Can Housing for All by 2022 become a reality under Modi 2.0?
- Meridian Bancorp, Inc. Reports Record First Quarter Net Income; Rise in Total Deposits to $5 Billion on Growth in Core Deposits
- U.S. economy defies expectations with 3.2% growth in first quarter
- U.S. productivity shows biggest quarterly rise in four years
- Tyson Foods: We’re Activating the Ingredients for More Growth
- Your Investment Choice Made Easy with Rise Real Estate
- South Florida’s population saw huge growth this decade. That could soon reverse
- Consumer spending sees biggest monthly rise since 2009
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise to $489 Million
- Garcetti takes ‘responsibility’ for rise in homeless numbers
- Solar businesses say tariffs on panels slowing growth
- Mocana Expands Executive Team to Lead Rapid Company Growth
- Global Desiccants Market To Reach Almost $160 Million By 2022
- Syngas Chemicals: Global Markets to 2022
- 2019 CRM Software Market Size, Share & Growth Report
- Report Predicts Mobile Banking Transactions Will Double by 2022
- Global Gene Editing Market To Grow At CAGR Of 14.7% Till 2022
Vietnam’s growth to rise by 6.5% in 2022: ICAEW have 471 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.