Moscow (VNA) – Vietnamese Consul General to Vladivostok Nguyen Dang Hien made a working trip to the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) from June 21-25 with the aim of promoting cooperation between Vietnam and this republic of Russia.
At a meeting with the Head of Sakha Republic Aisen Nikolaev, Hien recalled the traditional friendship between Vietnam and Russia from the time of the Soviet Union.
He informed the host of Vietnam's economic recovery and development, particularly the encouraging economic indicators in the first five months of 2022.
The diplomat stressed that Vietnam-Russia trade has seen remarkable growth, particularly after the Vietnam-EAEU free trade agreement took effect in October 2016, which is partly attributable to the Sakha republic's contribution. However, Vietnam-Sakha cooperation in economy, trade, investment and tourism has not matched their respective potential, Hien said.
The head of Sakha republic said he believes the visit of Consul General Hien will create a new impetus and open up new opportunities for the two sides.
He said the republic plans to enhance partnership with Vietnam in the supply of minerals, specifically coal, and seek joint projects in industry, tourism and sports. He added that Yakutia enterprises will participate in an upcoming international trade expo in Vietnam.
During the trip to Sakha, the Consul General also held talks with Minister of Foreign Relations and Ethnic Affairs Gavril Kirillinyi, Minister of Business, Trade and Tourism Timur Khandy, Mayor of Yakutsk Evgheni Grigoriev and the Director General. Agency for Investment Promotion and Export Support of Sakha Republic.
The two sides discussed ways to increase cooperation between their localities and businesses, with a focus on Sakha republic's strength in natural resources, and possibilities of partnership in tourism and the export of Vietnamese farm produce to Russia via the Far East.
Hien also had a meeting with the Vietnamese community in Yakutsk./.
- Upbeat signs on Vietnam-Czech Republic trade ties
- Vietnam, Czech Republic to facilitate partnership in defence industry
- European F&B businesses seek opportunities in Vietnam
- Vietnamese localities seek cooperation opportunities in UK
- Vietnam, Czech Republic forge labour cooperation
- Ho Chi Minh City seeks stronger partnership with Japanese universities
- AirAsia still seeking partners in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Russia seek stronger economic, trade cooperation
- Malaysia calls for stronger cooperation to fight global threats
- Get-together marks Czech Republic’s 101st Independence Day
- President: Future of Vietnam-RoK ties lies on businesses
- Ambassador works to boost relations between Vietnamese, Czech localities
- HCM City hopes for stronger multifaceted ties with Japanese prefecture
- Vietnamese Ambassador presents credentials to Gambian President
- State visit to help build new vision for Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- Vietnam, Australia look to lift up ties to strategic partnership
- PM hosts Norwegian Ambassador to Vietnam
- Vietnam-Czech agreement on transfer of sentenced persons ratified
- Vietnamese Ambassador to Monaco presents credentials
- New trade, investment chances in Vietnam introduced in Canada
Vietnamese diplomat seeks stronger cooperation between Vietnam, Sakha Republic have 466 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.