Talking to participating Swiss enterprises, Ambassador Phung The Long highlighted milestones in the two countries' relations in all areas, saying last year marked the 50th anniversary of their diplomatic ties and the 30th year of development cooperation.
He also highly spoke of the progress seen in the bilateral trade and investment relations, with Switzerland now being Vietnam's sixth largest investor from Europe and the 20th globally.
The diplomat updated the Swiss firms on major policies of the Vietnamese Government to accelerate international economic integration and prioritize investment in the fields of high tech, information technology, supporting industries, smart agriculture, environment protection and renewable energy.
He called on Swiss companies to continue investing in Vietnam and pledged that the Vietnamese Embassy will support them to organize market research trips to Vietnam and resolve challenges when doing business in the country.
Vietnam is currently Switzerland's fourth largest trade partner among the ASEAN nations.
Leaders of Bellecapital and Sonova Holding AG shared their success stories as investors in Vietnam while representatives from Fidinam talked about Vietnam's investment attraction policies and its experience regarding how to establish a business, branch and representative office in Vietnam.
Ambassador Long also met Mayor of Lugano Michele Foletti who expressed his intention to tighten cooperation with the Embassy to step up friendship and partnership between the Swiss city and several Vietnamese localities and provide help for Lugano firms operating in Vietnam.
Both Zurich and Lugano are major economic hubs of Switzerland. Zurich is Switzerland's largest city where most of its key industries are based while Lugano is the country's third largest financial hub.
- CPTPP promotes trade, investment in 21st century
- Spotlight: Turkey hosts Silk Road business summit to promote trade, investments under BRI
- Top legislators of Vietnam, RoK pledge to facilitate trade, investment
- Vietnam, RoK agree to bolster economic, trade, investment ties
- Vietnam, Russia boost investment cooperation
- Communist Parties of Vietnam, Russia seek to bolster economic ties
- Ba Ria - Vung Tau keen to bolster trade, investment ties with Europe
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 25
- Vietnam, Czech Republic look to bolster trade partnership
- Vietnam, Hungary step up all-round cooperation
- Vietnam’s start-up landscape attractive to Korean investors
- Vietnam seeks to boost agriculture and fishery exports
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- Vietnam a new star in Southeast Asia region: Horasis forum
- Event promoting Vietnamese goods held in Australia
- Tricks of trade: How South Asian network can help India
- Vietnam central to South Korea’s ASEAN-focused ‘New Southern Policy’: ambassador
- HCM City welcomes Malaysian firms’ long-term investment: official
Vietnam promotes trade, investment in two Swiss economic hubs have 426 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.