Talking to the media on the occasion of the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Cambodia (June 24), the minister affirmed that the past 55 years have witnessed an important development period in the two countries' relations.
Among others are unforgettable historical events when the two countries united to support each other in the struggles for national independence from the colonial regime, and help Cambodia overthrow the Pol Pot genocidal regime , as well as in the building and development cause of each country, Son said.
Regarding the current bilateral relations, the minister said that political ties continue to develop well. Cooperation in the field of security and defence has been strengthened, while the bilateral economic, trade and investment relations have also posted encouraging results, he added./.
- Vietnam, Cambodia mark victory of southwest border defense war
- Forty years on from the fall of Saigon: witnessing the end of the Vietnam war
- Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister pays Tet visit to Long An
- Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister pays Tết visit to Long An
- Trump and Xi Are Bending the Moral Arc of History Toward Barbarism
Vietnam, Cambodia tighten solidarity to deserve predecessors’ sacrifices have 184 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.