Trade Counselor in Belgium Tran Ngoc Quan briefed participants on the investment environment in Vietnam at the event during which potential and strengths of Belgian regions were introduced.
According to Ambassador Nguyen Van Thao, there remains great potential for Vietnam and Belgium to expand their cooperation, especially in agriculture; green growth; seaport and logistics development and innovation.
The two countries should work closely to create a favorable environment for the business community of both sides to exploit these potentials, he said.
Mariella Cantagalli , an expert from the Directorate General for Trade of the E.C., said the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) has facilitated the exchange of trade and import-export between Vietnam and E.U. member countries in general, and Belgium in particular.
Vietnam and Belgium has become strategic partners in agriculture. The two-way trade reached a record of 3.6 billion EUR (nearly 3.8 billion USD) in 2021.
The trade in the January-May period this year hit over 2.1 billion USD, up over 40% year-on-year. Belgium is now the fifth largest trade partner of Vietnam in E.U., while Vietnam is the second biggest partner of the European country in the ASEAN. By the end of May, Belgium had 81 valid projects in Vietnam with a total registered capital of nearly 1.1 billion USD.
- Vietnam, RoK seek to further advance ties
- 3 Steps to Investing Your Retirement Savings in Tesla
- Vietnam and South Korea discuss comprehensive ties
- Increase in Vietnam – Belgium trade brings more opportunities for investors: Experts
- Vietnam, Laos enjoy flourishing trade ties
- Vietnam, Tunisia look to boost trade ties
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 22
- Germany wants to boost bilateral strategic partnership with Vietnam
- Would a Rule Breaker Invest in Bitcoin?
- These Investments Are Less Risky Than Crypto and Could Make You a Millionaire
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 27
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 2
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 20
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 2
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 30
Vietnam, Belgium look to step up trade, investment ties have 323 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.