Talking to the press, he said there are three main areas for such cooperation, namely digitization, simplification of rules and procedures to strengthen the business environment; supporting equality, gender equality and equality for minority groups; and legislation and regulation around the green economy.
He stressed that the strategic partnership between the U.K. and Vietnam is solid but there is plenty of room for it to expand.
Hue's visit, the second of a senior Vietnamese leader to the U.K. within the past year, will help to push forward the cooperation between the two parliaments and governments, he said.
“The relationship between the U.K. and Vietnam is built on people-to-people links. So I think this visit is a good symbol that we are open for business again in both directions," said Ward.
Businesses can travel, invest and develop export and import, while students from Vietnam can come to the U.K. and vice versa, he added.
"We hope that we will soon see the return to the high level of tourism between our two countries."
One of the key elements of Chairman Hue's trip to the U.K. is to strengthen financial flows into Vietnam's green economy, the diplomat said.
"London is a global financial centre and has particular innovation in green finance. And we will link London with Ho Chi Minh City, we will link London with Hanoi and make sure that the finance flows into the green economy," he stated.
- Hydro-floating solar farms: new opportunity for Vietnam’s renewable energy sector
- Report: Second Trump-Kim Summit to Take Place March or April in Vietnam
- North Koreans study Vietnam’s economy
- China Demands US Act To Improve Military Ties Amid Tensions
- Trump to make first official visit to UK and meet the Queen of England
- PICTURES: President Trump Lands in ‘Turmoil’ Britain for Working Visit
- US envoy Haley sees opportunities for expanded India-US ties
- Eight Significant Ties Between Dina Powell and the Clintons
- An entrepreneur’s guide to Vietnam’s startup scene
- Nikki Haley: Immigration ‘Makes Us Great’
- How the EU’s Far Right Will Boost Google, Facebook, and Amazon
- U.S. ambassador: Trump-Putin meeting ‘isn’t a summit’
- Bond Between America and Poland ‘Stronger Than Ever’ Thanks to Trump, Say Ambassadors
- Tugg Co-Founder Nicolas Gonda on Curators, Brand Ambassadors and Artist Entrepreneurship
- ‘He Does Not Understand What the Role of an Ambassador Should Be’
- U.S. Ambassador: Trade Agreement ‘Not Possible’ with May’s Brexit Deal
- Shinzo Abe visit puts spotlight on Japan's concerns over Brexit
- Wonder Woman to Be Named UN Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls
- Handler of alleged spy Butina tied to suspicious U.S.-Russia exchange program
- Hayward: Progressives See Opportunity in Opioid Disaster
Top legislator’s visit a great opportunity for boosting Vietnam-U.K. ties: U.K. Ambassador have 451 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.