HÀ NỘI — Mangoes and safe agricultural products from Sơn La Province are being introduced at Big C Thăng Long supermarket in Hà Nội.
The week-long event, organised by Sơn La Provincial People's Committee in collaboration with Central Retail Vietnam, is an effort to promote high-quality provincial products to the capital city's consumers.
The event has attracted 15 businesses and cooperatives, introducing both fresh fruits and vegetables such as mango, longan, avocado, guava, banana, Mộc Châu pumpkin, cabbage and zucchini to processed foods. These products all meet food safety standards such as VietGAP, GolbalGAP and organic certification.
With more than 400,000 hectares of fertile agricultural land and favourable climate condition, Sơn La is the largest fruit granary in the North with an annual output of over 450,000 tonnes.
Sơn La mango ranks second nationwide in terms of output at estimated 75,000 tonnes this year. Most of the mango growing areas have followed safe production processes such as VietGAP, GlobalGAP and organic production. This fruit is being exported to China, Australia, the US and New Zealand.
Nguyễn Thành Công, vice chairman of Sơn La Province's People Committee said the province expects to export over 28,000 tonnes of fruits and 120,000 tonnes of processed agricultural products including tea, coffee and patioca starch with estimated value of US$162.5 million in 2020.
"The product week is a good opportunity to introduce provincial products to the capital market, thereby connecting with other local and export markets, creating breakthroughs in production organisation and building brands," Công said.
Nguyễn Thị Bích Vân, a representative from Central Retail Vietnam, said Sơn La agricultural products witness positive sales in Big C supermarkets with an annual growth rate of over 30 per cent, especially Son La mango products. She expects the supermarkets will consume about 1,000 tonnes of Sơn La agricultural products this year.
The event will run through July 3. — VNS
- 100 stalls introduce farm produce at AEON Mall Ha Dong
- Logistics costs challenge farm produce export
- John Legend keeps comfortable cool in his own LOVE hoodie as he goes on solo grocery run in LA
- Deaf-owned pizzeria Mozzeria has closed, and other restaurant closures
- The dark side of Italian hazelnut farming
- Palace outrage at Netflix's The Crown as Prince Charles' friends launch a blistering attack on the TV drama and accuse producers of 'trolling on a Hollywood budget' ahead of the fourth series' launch
- Ashton Kutcher makes a stop for coffee while running errands in LA... as his wife Mila Kunis relaxes in the car
- Won't sign death warrant of farmers: Cong in RS on farm bills
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry hire key staff to prepare for Archewell charity launch
- Anyone for a baycon buttie or a soysage bap? Britain's first vegan butcher is doing a roaring trade but does its produce pass the taste test? HARRY WALLOP tucked in at the shop that's given meat the chop
- Angelina Jolie masks up with youngest daughter Vivienne at LA coffee shop... before finalizing holiday visitation with ex Brad Pitt
- Bobby Brown's son Bobby Jr, 28, is found dead at his LA home - five years after death of his half-sister Bobbi Kristina and eight years after stepmother Whitney Houston drowned in a bath
- How firecrackers, farm fires made Delhi air quality severe
- Ali Larter looks effortlessly chic in a midriff-baring white blouse and a trench coat as she grabs a coffee in LA
- Maharashtra Congress collects 58.77 lakh signatures to protest against farm, labour laws
- Where are the best value holidays while staying safe from coronavirus? Hit the beach in Barbados for a week for £674 or spend two weeks in an Tuscany five star hotel for £952
- Christine Keeler's son launches bid to get her posthumously pardoned: Family appoints QC to clear her name over perjury conviction following Profumo Affair
- Freedom for Christmas: Several families could be allowed to meet for up to a week in December in relaxation of Covid rules - despite scientists warning Boris Johnson it will 'throw fuel on the fire' of the pandemic
- Kendall Jenner looks sporty in skimpy cycling shorts as she shows off her lithe legs in Paris for return flight to LA
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillsong pastor Carl Lentz's 'mistress' is spotted for the first time since the church launched an investigation into their affair, fired his wife and more women came forward with 'complaints'
Sơn La mango and safe farm produce week launched in Hà Nội have 742 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.