The press meeting was co-chaired by Deputy Director of the Department of Political Education and Information Senior Colonel Tran Ngoc Anh, Deputy Director of the Institute of Military History Senior Colonel Duong Hong Anh, and Head of the Information and Education Commission of the Nghe An provincial Party Committee Nguyen Thi Thu Huong.
According to Senior Colonel Duong Hong Anh, the seminar will clarify the Politburo's and the Central Party Committee's guidelines, direction, and leadership over the preparation for and Vietnam's coordination with Laos and Cambodia in the campaign. The role of the Central Military Commission in protecting strategic localities and the flexible and creative application of the Command of the Xieng Khouang – Plain of Jars Defensive Campaign will be also discussed. The special solidarity between the Vietnamese and Lao people against common enemies will be highlighted.
The event aims to clarify the sound leadership and strategic vision of the Politburo, the Central Military Commission and the Central Committees of the Communist Party of Vietnam and the Lao Revolutionary People's Party. It is also to prove the flexible and creative application of the Command of the Plain of Jars Field Front, the Party Committee of Military Region 4, and the Nghe An provincial Party Committee together with the brave fighting spirit of the Vietnamese and Lao people and troops.
Through the seminar, the organizing panel expects to draw some lessons and experience to apply to military building, defense consolidation, and national construction and defense. The event's outcomes will contribute to raising the quality of tradition education and combat training of military schools, academies, and units in the whole military and enriching troops and people's patriotism.
So far, the organizing panel has received 90 reports and memoirs from leaders of the Central Military Commission, the Ministry of National Defense, the General Staff, the General Department of Political Affairs, generals, officers, historical witnesses, scientists inside and outside the military, and Lao officials.
The Institute of Military History has cooperated with relevant agencies, units, and localities to complete all preparation for the seminar, which is scheduled to take place on May 20.
Within the framework of the seminar, delegates will offer incense in commemoration of fallen soldiers resting at Vietnam-Laos Martyrs' Cemetery and President Ho Chi Minh and visit and present gifts to policy beneficiaries in Nghe An province.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Bruno Latour, the Post-Truth Philosopher, Mounts a Defense of Science
- POLITICO Playbook: On Trump and McCain
- THE NOONER for 10-11-18
- THE NOONER for 10-12-18
- 38 thoughts on the Patriots’ 38-7 win over the Dolphins
- Halloween Fun Guide 2018
- John McCain, maverick’ of the Senate and former POW, dies at 81
- Sen. John McCain dies of brain cancer at 81
- Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner on Radical Path to Remake Criminal Justice System
- NJ midterm elections 2018: Who's running, where they stand on issues
- 13 Faces That Tell the Story of 2018
- Trump slams Kavanaugh accuser’s credibility
- POLITICO Playbook: Kavanaugh inches forward as tensions run high in the Capitol
- Midterm 2018: Trump polarizes, NJ House candidates recast themselves
- Nobody Works Harder for a Laugh Than Melissa McCarthy
- Dems flip 2 GOP seat in early returns for House battle
- Democrats flip 2 GOP seat in early returns for House battle
- Dems flip 2 GOP seats in early returns for House battle
- 10 GOP house seats turn blue: Election results 2018
- Midnight in the Garden of East Texas
Seminar on Xieng Khouang - Plain of Jars Defensive Campaign to be held in May have 554 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.