A two-day event kicked off in Ho Chi Minh City on Thursday afternoon, featuring an exhibition and various discussions on the cooperation between Vietnam and Sweden in the field of sustainable development.
Named 'Pioneer the Possible,' the program is organized by the Embassy of Sweden in Hanoi, Swedish Trade and Invest Council, Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee, and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry at the New World Saigon Hotel in District 1 on Thursday and Friday.
The event is aimed at enhancing the Vietnam-Sweden cooperation in sustainable development by presenting the green solutions of Swedish businesses and promoting Sweden's effort to become a center of innovation and sustainability.
|Swedish Ambassador to Vietnam Ann Måwe delivers an opening speech at the 'Pioneer the Possible' program in Ho Chi Minh City, June 2, 2022. Photo: Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre|
The program features an exhibition that introduces Sweden's climate strategy via positive changes and the creative innovations of Swedish businesses in Vietnam, namely ABB, H&M, Oriflame, Tetra Pak, and Volvo Cars.
It also includes presentations, panel discussions, TEDTalks, and seminars on sustainable energy, sustainable production, sustainable consumption and use of raw materials, and the importance of a circular economy.
These activities will create a forum for policymakers, business leaders, researchers, and innovation pioneers to confer about expanding the two countries' partnership and joining the process of breakthrough creativity.
|Swedish Ambassador to Vietnam Ann Måwe (L, 2nd) and vice-chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee Vo Van Hoan (L, 3rd) talk with a business at the 'Pioneer the Possible' Exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City, June 2, 2022. Photo: Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre|
As a leading country in innovation and sustainable development, Sweden has the practical experience and technical solutions needed to pioneer and boost green transition, Swedish Ambassador to Vietnam Ann Måwe said in her opening speech.
The event will promote and enable the Swedish-Vietnamese cooperation for innovation to jointly work toward a sustainable, resilient, and prosperous society for the future, she added.
The Vietnamese government pays special attention to climate change response, vice-chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee Vo Van Hoan stated, adding that the country has been committed to reaching its net-zero carbon emissions target by 2050.
|Participants check out the beverage carton recycling process of Sweden's Tetra Pak Company at the 'Pioneer the Possible' Exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City, June 2, 2022. Photo: Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre|
Sustainable development is no longer an option but the only way to free up necessary resources for development.
Ho Chi Minh City authorities have been implementing major projects to realize its sustainable development goals, Hoan said, believing that the city's pioneering in sustainability will have a positive spillover effect on the region.
The agenda of the first day of the event included the presentation on a Swedish company's goal to produce steel without using fossil fuel by 2024 and a panel discussion on a fossil fuel-free Vietnam.
|A man looks at the models of Volvo Cars at the 'Pioneer the Possible' Exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City, June 2, 2022. Photo: Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre|
|A panel discussion on a fossil fuel-free Vietnam takes place within the framework of the 'Pioneer the Possible' program in Ho Chi Minh City, June 2, 2022. Photo: Duy Khang / Tuoi Tre|
- Quang Ninh’s tourism enters period of sustainable development
- Economic think tanks praise Vietnam’s responsive tactics
- Sustainable energy security magnetising private funds
- New decade of growth built on diligent and smart work
- Vietnam needs to choose the path less traveled
- Study rooms confirm China is sharing pioneer
- Vietnam to take on harmonious solutions to make tourism spearhead sector
- SK Group announces $30 mln investment for Vietnam’s innovation centre
- Vietnam’s upscale tourism on the rise
- PwC study: $24 billion trapped in net working capital in 2018
- Ca Mau: People join hands in developing eco-tourism
- Vietnam successfully fulfils role as President of UNSC in January
- President Quang’s visit marks major milestone in Vietnam-Italy ties
- Sweden becomes latest country to be struck down by the killer coronavirus as Russia announces two cases with almost 10,000 now infected across the world
- UNHRC adopts Resolution on Human Rights, co-authored by Vietnam
- 2020 key for tech start-ups in Vietnam
- Russia, Vietnam enjoy close friendship for decades
- World Bank Issues Its First 'Green Loan' to Vietnam
- Confident Vietnam in 2020: FM spokeswoman
- Who killed the prime minister? The unsolved murder that still haunts Sweden
Pioneer the Possible: Sweden, Vietnam jointly work toward sustainable development have 757 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 3, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.